Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input have a new 2012 with about 9,500 miles on it and has a pretty good gear noise in 4th gear, is this normal? 1st GW I have owned love the bike.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
I have an 09 and don't seem to have any sigfinicant noise in any of the gears. Only the normal "clunk" when shifting..

·
Registered
89 Posts
My '06 is has a very loud 'whine/screech" in OD only. Mech say they haven't heard it before and have never seen tranny issues with wings, so wait and see what happens. Nice, huh?

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
you guys sure that isn't the cam chain you are hearing i noticed it when i test rode an 1800 wing

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Whine, buzz, clunk, clatter ,whirl.............pick your favorite adjective. Of all the gears I think 4th is the noisiest. She sounds and shifts great through all the gears from a cold start, but as soon as the engine gets running temperature hot the tranny seems to come alive and starts talking back to you.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I think the alternator makes as much or more noise than the gears meshing. I've never heard any particular gear making more noise than any of the others. But then my Kingsnakes pretty much over-ride anything faintly mechanical but the tunes (along with my accompanied vocales:eek:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help don't think I have a problem after riding another wing sounded pretty much the same. Never had one before so was a little concerned. Thanks again and ride safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts