Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 1500 se goldwing and no where in the owners manual does it tell me anything about the transmission such as servicing, fluid level and changing etc. can someone educate me ???

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
The engine oil also serves as the transmission lube.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Cantankerous is correct, no transmission fluid. There is a rear-end differential which need to have the fluid checked and drained periodically. Check your owners manual for the intervals..

·
Registered
470 Posts
No~No! They are both wrong, if there's no more trans fluid you have to scrap the bike..sorry!:D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Also something a lot of people neglect is the splines on the drive shaft. About every third of fourth rear tire change you should have the drive shaft pulled out and grease the splines.

·
Registered
691 Posts
That must be my problem. I need to grease my splines.

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
ok, I'll bite. what kind of grease or do you use moly 60?

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If it leaked from the engine, it would be motor oil. There should be nothing inside the starter.

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
First of all, bradley246, welcome to the forum.

The oil around the starter would be engine oil.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
First of all, bradley246, welcome to the forum.

The oil around the starter would be engine oil.
Are you sure . It could be stater capacitor fluid. You can tell because if all the stater cap fluid leads out the engine will start
slowly if at all.

O wait I was thinking it was April 1.

bradley246, welcome to the forum and be careful some of us are real jokers.:laugh2:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Transmission Fluid Question -

Hey Bowdoctor - Welcome to the forum - My favorite summer job as a kid was working in a huge wrecking yard. For me it was more of "one continuous play day" especially since they'd let a teenager loose with a front end loader and a cutting torch. :) I remember innocently asking another worker about a customer's request for a Cadillac muffler bearing. It wasn't until I had the car up on stands and the cutting torch lit that the laughter got plumb out of hand.

You never know the answer to something unless you ask-

Ride Safe - Michael

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hearty welcomes to you. I see the chuckleheads have added their flavour already.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Years ago I had a buddy with a VW bug. In those days the gas stations were full service, and he would ask the gas jockey to check the rad level. That was always a good laugh.

Reactions: Cantankerous
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.