Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of planning a trip from Pa. to Nova Scotia to Newfoundland to Labrador , across Labrador Highway then on to Quebec. Does anyone have any experience on the Trans Labrador Highway and on to Quebec?

I know the Trans Labrador Highway is not a highway as we think of them here in the states but many of the highways
I've been on in Canada aren't. Not looking for an easy trip but is one of the last and may be the last bucket list trip.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
I was checking it out when we were headed to Nova Scotia, PEI, Quebec last year but wasn't really seriously considering it.

Great bucket list ride

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about now ? we time it to end at the Aug M&G.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
How about now ? we time it to end at the Aug M&G.
That would be awesome except this whole dang work thing

:(

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excuses excuses.

It is nice being retired.

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Looks like an epic adventure. Not sure if it will be added to my bucket list, but you may be one of the few, the proud, the riders of the far northeast.

Reactions: fossil92

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
We had a member that was from Newfoundland, but I forget his handle. Reckon a local would know. I've a couple friends here that are from Labrador so I'll ask one of them when I see them next and report back if they have any pertinent info.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
budoka

Thanks I can't seem to find good info on the condition of the highway and gas stops.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Often wondered if it grew any since I left there in July of 63.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Just spoke with my buddy that grew up in that area. He tells me that there are long stretches of gravel that are no where near suitable for travel on a bike. I didn't do a lot of searching on the web site but saw no mention of what he said. Definitely some ferry rides involved though. He also said that at Baie Comeau there's no road left so I'm guessing a ferry either up or across the St Lawrence?

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
budoka

Thanks. I want to Advriders and they had a lot of info. Not sure if it is doable on a Wing but I'm crazy , dumb , enough to try.
Thinking of the middle of July so that if I make it I will be back in time for the Aug M&G.

I think you will be here visiting fossil92 before I leave and would like to meet up with the two of you then.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
How far are you from Frackville? pretty sure we'll be doing a bit of riding while there....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thinking of planning a trip from Pa. to Nova Scotia to Newfoundland to Labrador , across Labrador Highway then on to Quebec. Does anyone have any experience on the Trans Labrador Highway and on to Quebec?

I know the Trans Labrador Highway is not a highway as we think of them here in the states but many of the highways

I've been on in Canada aren't. Not looking for an easy trip but is one of the last and may be the last bucket list trip.

I too am planning the trip this yr probably going solo not many people up for the ride you should be fine on your goldwing from everything that I have seen. I'm planning of leaving late July and going clockwise being I'm traveling from Michigan

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funny I will be leaving in mid July and going counter clockwise and going solo. I would suggest we exchange cell in-case we have problems but they don't work up there.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They have a loaner program for the satellite phone which I plan on taking advantage of.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts