Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, trying to find the a trailor harness for my new 2018 Goldwing dct,plug and play,found the hitch from rivco,anybody using that one,thanx,Davy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wired both mine using harnesses that I had made up myself (With connectors, wire, and Spiral wrap from Amazon, 6-Wire connectors).
The harness is connected to a Show Chrome accessory fuse block I fitted, which allows other accessories to be connected safely through the Canbus system.

Trailer Harness for 2018+ Gold Wing
But if you only want to fit the trailer wiring, the link above will take you to a suitable item.

Having said that, doing it yourself with the Accessory block works out a little more expensive than this, but gives you much more flexibility for adding other accessories as well.
Amazon.com: Show Chrome Accessories (52-942 Electronic Fuse Block 2018 GL1800: Automotive

So you have options.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wired both mine using harnesses that I had made up myself (With connectors, wire, and Spiral wrap from Amazon, 6-Wire connectors).
The harness is connected to a Show Chrome accessory fuse block I fitted, which allows other accessories to be connected safely through the Canbus system.

Trailer Harness for 2018+ Gold Wing
But if you only want to fit the trailer wiring, the link above will take you to a suitable item.

Having said that, doing it yourself with the Accessory block works out a little more expensive than this, but gives you much more flexibility for adding other accessories as well.
Amazon.com: Show Chrome Accessories (52-942 Electronic Fuse Block 2018 GL1800: Automotive

So you have options.
fatjock,thanx for the info,i am going tohave to decide on what all I will be putting on this bike,the second choice you posted sounds like the way to go,like all my bikes before,never enough accessories,thanx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fatjock,thanx for the info,i am going tohave to decide on what all I will be putting on this bike,the second choice you posted sounds like the way to go,like all my bikes before,never enough accessories,thanx
fatjock,i am pulling a 6 pin bushtec trailor,and I will add led,gps,usb,ect,down the road I"m sure,you are saying I need to buy the show chrome accessory fuse block in order to do this,and by doing this,all that is required is removing the top cover of the fuse block with the 4 screws and wiring in my accessory,and this is to isolate the accessories from the bike,is this correct?is this all I need to order to hook up the trailor to the bike or will I need to get the 4 pin to 6 pin wiring hook up also?again,thanx

·
Registered
22 Posts
You will need to connect the Accessory block to your battery power, as well as splicing into the rear section harness (plug and play) but the unit comes with good wiring instructions of exactly what you need to do, and it will fit under the seat.
Once you have it in, it provides outputs for 12V permanent, 12V switched (ign), LH turn, RH turn, Brake, and running lights. What I have done is take each of these outputs to a multi-connector, and I have all my non-genuine Honda accessories powered through it (trailer Harness/ Pathfinder Cowl lights/Goldstrike multifunction trunk light/ Front and rear camera system). You can wire all your accessories through this. It has an incoming fuse, and the outputs are individually fused too.
Trailer Harness from the accessory block was the connector, into six wires spiral wrapped and fed through to under the seat, which then went to the appropriate multi-connector.
I recently rewired my two, as I wasn't happy with the connectors I had previously, and the whole job (including the trailer, and two bikes), took about two hours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will need to connect the Accessory block to your battery power, as well as splicing into the rear section harness (plug and play) but the unit comes with good wiring instructions of exactly what you need to do, and it will fit under the seat.
Once you have it in, it provides outputs for 12V permanent, 12V switched (ign), LH turn, RH turn, Brake, and running lights. What I have done is take each of these outputs to a multi-connector, and I have all my non-genuine Honda accessories powered through it (trailer Harness/ Pathfinder Cowl lights/Goldstrike multifunction trunk light/ Front and rear camera system). You can wire all your accessories through this. It has an incoming fuse, and the outputs are individually fused too.
Trailer Harness from the accessory block was the connector, into six wires spiral wrapped and fed through to under the seat, which then went to the appropriate multi-connector.
I recently rewired my two, as I wasn't happy with the connectors I had previously, and the whole job (including the trailer, and two bikes), took about two hours.
ok fatjock,i am conveinced,thats what I am going with,will these wires reach all the way down to my trailor,or will I need to order that also,when I pull all this apart,i have several things to install,so I am trying to make sure I have everything on hand while I have it apart,my last wing,02,i took apart,installed,put back togeather,back and forth,trying not to get in to that on this one,the info has been great,thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts