Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I road back from Arizona a few weeks ago and hit winds in excess of 30 mph.......not fun but do-able....what happens when you are pulling a trailer on a bike....can you ride thru such stuff or do you pull over.....you get a "tail whip" effect?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello Tooth, I have pulled my trailer in all kinds of weather and even through the tail of the dragon once. Never had any problems; most times you don't even know it's there.

WeldNut

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used to pull a rather large trailer with my 750 Super Sport back in the 80's. One with a large car top carrier on a metal trailer frame. I pulled it in some awful weather with that much lighter bike, and every time it made the bike more stable. IN fact there were bad days I needed to go somewhere, I would put some stuff in the trailer and take it to make the ride better.

Now I have an '04 1800 and pull a Bushtec trailer and hardley know it is there through some unusual conditions. I won't say what all trailers will do but if you are concerned about handling, get a Bushtec because it is like not having anything behind you at all, handling is great.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Never had any ill effects when pulling a trailer. Had a pal go down pulling a Combi-camp though. I personally thought they were too large for even a Wing but lots of peeps had them back when. They had their wipeout going over a texas gate in the rain. She doesn't ride with him any more because of it.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Like the others have said, I pull our Kwik Kamp close to 40,000 miles in all kinds of weather and never had a problem.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
wind

where did you run into the wind? I got a boat full of wind when I was traveling up 93 in Nevada.

I pulled my trailer down and back without any problems.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I now have a trailer and will soon have the opportunity to see how it handles in the wind because I suspect we will experience wind at some point on our three week trip; I can tell you that I do not know it's behind me for the most part.

One thing that I think makes a big difference is having a belly pan. I have noticed a real difference in windy conditions since I installed it. It seems to really stabilize the motorcycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts