Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rewiring my 2008 GL 1800 to my mc trailer. I have the flat 5 wire connectors. I have located all of the wires but the question is can I tie the brake wire and the turn signal wire to the same wire on the LED assembly?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know what you mean for trailer adaptor. I have the plug/wires for bike and plug/wires for the trailer and it is a 5 wire set up. On the trailer I just installed LED running/brake/signal lights. The black wire from the LED assembly is for the running lights and the red wire is for brake/signal lights. My question is can I take the brake wire from the bike and the seperate signal wire from the bike and combine them into the red wire of the light assembly. I know I could do that on a car but bikes are new to me. Of course I have the white ground wire also.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ron, I know you are the elect. guru. What say ye about my concern? Also, the previous owner had the running lights grounded so when I plug the plugs together it blew my "isolated" wiring harness on the bike. I was told by someone that I could cut the relays out of the isolated wiring system and go direct without any problems. Can I?

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Hey Ron, I know you are the elect. guru. What say ye about my concern? Also, the previous owner had the running lights grounded so when I plug the plugs together it blew my "isolated" wiring harness on the bike. I was told by someone that I could cut the relays out of the isolated wiring system and go direct without any problems. Can I?
Had about you give me a call, I think it might be easier to to try and talk this out, then go back and forth on here.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron
360-988-2305

1 - 5 of 5 Posts