Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any input on trailer hitches?? Pros/con on any paticular make or style........verticle/horizontal.......aluminium/steel??
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The reciever was on my 2000SE when I purchased it, don't know the manufacturer, but is a steel vertile reciever. I never feel any slop between the reciever/hitch, pull a 93 Bushtec trailer.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The veritcal hitches seem to be the most popular amoung the riders I talk to. My two previous Wings had the old style horizontal mount systems. The Markland hitch on my 1200 I installed myself and had no trouble with it, not sure what the brand was on my 1500, it was already on the bike when I bought it. Have no plans for a trailer with the '09.

·
Registered
12 Posts
need some information on how to put a trailer hitch on a trike, do they make one or do I have to make one. If so what would be the most important issue. Thanks, it's for a 1997 1500 SE

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There are a lot of trikes pulling trailer, Trike Lady should chime in soon with an answer, if not, check with any trike shop and they can tell you where to get one, www.wingstuff.com does trike conversions so you can check with them also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks a bunch, i'll try wingstuff first. maybe someone has made there own trike hitch, i'll keep checking my post, again thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
trailer tow hitches

Anybody got any input on trailer hitches?? Pros/con on any paticular make or style........verticle/horizontal.......aluminium/steel??
Thanks in advance.
i have a fitted tow hitch . it has two types of connection one a ball type this is a ball with a 50 mm ball machined round with a 25 mm threaded shank this in turn is bolted to the main frame of the tow hitch . the other is a treg hitch or universal type will turn 360 degrees round and will pivot up and down on the joint and swing left and right around the holding pin which is held in place by the welded or bolted "C" type coupling, the later is in my opinion the better one . the ball type is the most popular here in AUST .as it is used for all types of trailers .cars utes etc. the most important item for a bike is that the hitch on the trailer will swing 360 degrees round in a vertical position. the ball hitch is limited to vertical to horizontal angles .all types are of steel construction mild or high tension . would not use alli.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thanks in advance.
2 of the most popular brands(over on the trailer forum of gl1800riders) seem to be Rivco and Bushtech.
Just a caution for you-your pic shows an 1800-If you still have warranty-it will be in jepordy of being denied for any drive train issues if you have a hitch installed. Seems it depends on the dealer and if the factory rep gets involved or not!

need some information on how to put a trailer hitch on a trike, do they make one or do I have to make one. If so what would be the most important issue. Thanks, it's for a 1997 1500 SE
Each trike manufacturer has a hitch that is for their conversion! Which ever brand you have, check their web sight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts