Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sold the hitch that came with my '95 Aspy (see pic) I think it my be a Markland. How do I remove it? Is this going to be a major plastic project. I've seen a bar below the saddle bags that I think may be part of the hitch. Any help thanks! :)

CIMG0474.JPG

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
It looks like an old Markland from what I can see.
There should be a couple of U-bolts on each side under the saddle bags holding the hitch to the Saddle bag mounting bracket and a clamp at the front ends of the hitch clamping it to the rear crash bars, they should have Allen bolts holding them together and a bolt holding them to the hitch. Remove them and the U-bolts and the hitch should come off. The U-bolts might be a little tricky to slip off the saddle bag brackets but not real hard.
From the Northwest corner
Ron

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron, I thought that I could probaly figure it out, but I need to do this project in an unheated storage shed this week. Right now 32 F, windy, no sun and snow on the ground.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
It's about 52 degrees here in the Northwest corner of Washington state. Might just get out for a ride this afternoon.
The hitch shouldn't be much of a problem, just besure to free the wireing from the hitch if it is attached, don't need to be fighting that in the cold.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts