Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hitch installed, trailer wiring complete.
Sweet little trailer I bought second hand, looks brand new.
18 cubic feet of storage, light as a feather.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Nice trailer,now go out and put it to use.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Have a great trip and ride safe. Ice down some peppers in the cooler for the ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Looks sharp. Let us know how it handles..

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I have that same trailer and me and the wife really like it....(pain to polish up ....but boy does it shine when it is..) It pulls very nicely loaded or unloaded. We sometimes use it just to go to the grocery store.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
I take it that towing a trailer is new to you. If it is, would you do a bit of a report over the next couple of trips. I know that we have a lot of expereinced Riders with trailers. But it is good to try and see it from someone that has just done it for the first time. I am thinking of getting a trailer. Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice looking trailer. With my old 05 GL1800 I had a color matched Bushtec but don't want to spend that much $$$$ with my 2010. Your trailer will be in the running when I decide I need one again,

Shoot me a Waco..........

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Hey for those guys that have never pulled a trailer...it is not a big problem. You really do not know it is there behind you and that is where some people make mistakes. You have to remember it takes a little longer to brake to a stop and also when you make turns from red lights / stop signs you need to make sure you don't turn to sharp. Make sure when you load it you do not put all the weight up front in the trailer. Also if you have lights on the trailer make sure they work properly.

Above all...Ride Safe Always!!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First long ride report, 500 miles.

It is almost true that you do not know the trailer is behind you.
At highway speeds you can't tell at all. No impact on the cornering or riding character of the bike at all.
At low speeds you can tell it is there more. You feel the trailer bounce a bit when it goes over a bump. My light trailer, empty, would bounce around quite a bit. When I added the weight of the soda, the bouncing decreased. The bouncing does not bother the ride, or make it unsafe, you just sort of feel it bounce is all. You also will occasionally hear the rattle of the chains, or the some other odd noise from it.

Backing a trailer is not second nature. If you have never done it, be prepared to make a few mistakes that you have to pull forward from to correct. It happens. Practice doing it when there are no obstacles around.

Definately be aware of the extra weight behind you. Brake sooner, be prepared to accelerate just a tad bit slower, etc... nothing major, just don't forget about it.

All that being said, I do not regret the trailer at all. It will come in very handy indeed on countless occasions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts