Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The annual Trail of tears ride is this weekend and will be hosting thousands of bikes and riders! Information on the ride can be found on the web. I have ridden this ride the past eight years and it never gets old, the line of bikes stretches for miles from front to rear and consist of all makes and models of bikes. Y'ALL COME! !

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Gotta miss it this year.....I wanted to ride the one from Chattanooga to Waterloo. The multitude of bikes is a site to see. The people on the side of the road are a hoot.:cool:

HOWEVER!!!!!!!:(

I have to be honest here...After riding the Dragon, the Raptor and IBA's...I still feel like the Trail of Tears was the most dangerous ride I have participated in. Way too close of confines and it seems that there are an abundance of inexperienced riders on the Trail.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Large group rides have a tendency to bother me as well. almost every toy run I've attended in Edmonton has had more than one knock-down usually involving two or more bikes. YOu don't know how the others ride and when the numbers increase, the odds of numbskull goes way up. Is kind of a rush tho.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
TOT I have done two times and that is all I needed of that, My friend Leon stallings and wife have done it 13 years in a row , he rides a 1500 interstate she rides a red 1800 wing

·
Registered
740 Posts
A number of years ago I went on the Trail of Tears ride. A guy bought his wife a new Harley to ride in it (VERY INEXPERIANCED) She caused 11 accidents in a single mile. Last one for me!

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
A number of years ago I went on the Trail of Tears ride. A guy bought his wife a new Harley to ride in it (VERY INEXPERIANCED) She caused 11 accidents in a single mile. Last one for me!
Yes....but she was riding a HARLEY...so no one was upset:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would average an accident every 480 feet! I have ridden the TOT eight years in a row and have only seen two minor accidents caused by following too closely.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I had always wanted to ride the TOT and did ride it last year.And that will be the first and last time,there was a wreck coming off Monteagle mountain that envolved 3 or 4 bikes just because they were trying to ride side by side coming down that very crooked and narrow road.Too many trainees riding in the group.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I had always wanted to ride the TOT and did ride it last year.And that will be the first and last time,there was a wreck coming off Monteagle mountain that envolved 3 or 4 bikes just because they were trying to ride side by side coming down that very crooked and narrow road.Too many trainees riding in the group.
That road is too narrow for two bikes side by side in one lane and the road is not blocked to other traffic that may be meeting you. I can't imagine anyone attempting to ride three abreast there, especially when there is one curve after another. I have seen people pass on the 4 - lane portions of the trail, but the main reason for accidents on the trail is following too closely by letting the other bikers intimidate. I could care less about the asses and ride safely, if they don't like it I figure they are in the wrong place at the wrong time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts