Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now have 498 miles on it and my wife loves it. My 2008 ST 1300 had 30,000 miles on it and loved every mile but wife hated it. Now she rides in comfort and I am trying to figure out how to stop whe wind buffiting on my helment. I do like it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cut two upside down triangles low in the Windshield. about 2-1/2 inches wide at the top. instead of straight sided make them curved for a better look. It should allow enough air through to eliminate the vortex buffeting you are experiencing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on your new wing! Both machines are awesome, but for comfort (especially wife), the wing is THE way to go!

Ride safe & congrats again!

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Enjoy your Wing and be safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello ridercoach, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Howdy Coach, sounds like a great trade. I DO want an older 1100 one day as a stable mate. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Congrats on the new wing....Now get out there and ride safely!!!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Rider Coach. Your wife and mine could be related, she detested my ST as well (where's the rear speakers?):D

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania, the Keystone state..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thank you for the welcome aboard threads. Hope to generate great friends here and get some of my questions answered.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Our situations are similar. I recently moved to the wing from the ST also. However, my ST is still sitting in the garage torturing me. I love them both for different reasons, but I can't afford to keep the ST! All the best.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome from Cayce SC , many after market windshields will do what you need. I keep my unit as low as it will go seems to work for me.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Instead of cutting holes into the windshield, you can just open the vents to equalize pressure behind the windscreen. How tall are you because depending upon your stature, there are different solutions. I'm 5'-9" and dont get buffeting unless there is turbulence or crosswinds. I keep my windscreen at the highest setting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too traded my 05 ST for a 2010 Wing and I love it. I have an after market windshield on my ST and it had those triangle holes in the bottom and I found them to make a lot of noise. It was like a whistle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My ST 1300 had a Givi winsheild and it was just amazing even in the heavy rain. My research for the new GW shows the new V - Stream is the way to go. Wednesday rideing back from Deland I hit some rain and the water just puddles in the center of the windsheild instead of slideing off. Will get it under control here shortly. I really like the bike. Rob :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts