Honda Goldwing Forum banner

261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I sorta forget...but if I walk around some of my favorite haunts in the shop it may come to me...>:)

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Still a few things to finish up tonight for Sunday's track ride. Have to mount the carrier on the truck and load the pit tent, paddock stands and compressor. No time tomorrow night as we're golfing after work in the couples evening fun time...up at the crack of dawn sunday to head for the track.

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Well, the weather man dumped on us again (surprise...NOT) so the memorial track day is off. Heavy thunderstorms forecast for this evening and all day tomorrow. (sigh):frown2:

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Well, I got through the day without any tears (although I felt like it) as I unloaded my gear and bike. Haven't spoken to any of the crew yet as to whether there will be another chance to do the ride. Here's hoping.

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Yippeee! Sunday morning I'm up early and headed for the track. No, not a re-schedule of the memorial ride...going to run with the EMRA crew out at Castrol. Apparently there has been some very positive steps made since last September so I'm going to run with them. Mark, Neil, Jon and several others are really good people and I've been an EMRA member for several years with never taking part in their efforts. Looking forward to it.

I'll do my best in not making comparisons to HardNox (they are just so awesome and such valued and dear friends). Those lucky folks are out at Area 27 in south central BC on Sunday, but that's just too darn far and expensive a gig for a single day outing (15 hours driving each way and almost double the track cost) and I don't have the free time since Denis is still off recuperating.

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Tomorrow should be interesting. EMRA does things a tad different than HardNox. No control riders at all, totally fancy free. Looking forward to hear what is discussed at the rider's meeting before track time. Flags and signals are all the same as we all follow the international protocols just like the pro's use. Looking forward to running some laps with the guys that compete for points in their race schedules. Learning from my peers time I reckon. :motorbike::motorbike2:

Cool, emo's are "red">:)

·
Super Moderator
27,685 Posts
Have a great time RB and be safe

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
It was indeed a blast, but it wasn't HardNox so it missed that closer personal touch. Nothing wrong with how the EMRA runs, it's just that Hx is like family to me. What was nice on Sunday was that there were no 5000 hp top fuel dragsters running to blow our eardrums out. I like them, but my ears are more sensitive now so that's a bit of a downer when they are running.

My Hx pals were all out in Oliver BC on the weekend and I didn't have the available time to attend such a long distance event. It's probably the premier track in Canada and I will get out there someday (gotta be soon since I'm not getting younger as the days fly by) but it is what it is. On a down side, two bikes were nicked right out of the paddock early Sunday morning: a super hot Ducati 998 and my friend Mike's R6 Yamaha. Mike is the guy I did my Intermediate check ride with a couple years back (after my race license certification) and he's like a (kid) brother to me. I think I feel almost as violated as he does over it. Hope they catch the creeps that did this and use some terrible form of punishment to show them the error of their ways. I wish I had a better pic of him riding, but somebody hogged the limelight the day of my test.

Attachments

261 - 273 of 273 Posts