Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for info behind bars, hope you get out soon. I hope the mechs at the shop I'm going to r good. Hopefully this will b a one time thing. If not I'll probably b buying the tool to do it myself. I don't mess around with incopitence.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thanks for info behind bars, hope you get out soon. I hope the mechs at the shop I'm going to r good. Hopefully this will b a one time thing. If not I'll probably b buying the tool to do it myself. I don't mess around with incopitence.

Someday I will add a line that explains my "Behind Bars " name.
I just like being Behind Bars ---get it ?? No?? Behind motorcycle bars .
Anyway hope the info help . A light was installed on our bike for a reason and should work as along as you stay away from incompetent help.

On the tool purchase as many of you that seem to have this problem maybe someone should buy it and pass it around . Mail it for a few bucks postage and a few thank you buck to the owner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was thinking of asking if someone had the tool was coming to Arkansas m&g could/would bring theirs maybe do a repair clinic for guys having troubles a great way to get to know peeps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Went to dealer today for tpms. They said ecu showed a low battery on front tire so will replace next week when they get one in. Hopefully this will fix the problem. They said normally it was a maintence repair item but with only 1350 miles they would submit as warranty repair.

·
Super Moderator
14,576 Posts
My TPMS system light has been coming on sporadically for the past few months. Starting out on the Maggie Valley trip it came on and stayed on. Most of the time anyway, some times it went off for a short period. I took it in Friday to be looked at and the dealer thought it was the sensor. (The mechanic who had been there recently left and new guys are looking at it. The other guy, Kevin, was really good and he never could figure out what was going on.) My extended warranty will expire next year and I was hoping they would figure it out. When I left it stayed off and I noticed that they did take it for a test ride of about 25 miles. Well, right before I got home it came back on. I'll drop it off some time next week so they can try again.

·
Administrator
25,890 Posts
Did they change the battery in the wheel unit?

·
Super Moderator
14,576 Posts
Did they change the battery in the wheel unit?
They told me they changed out the sensor unit. A few months ago the mechanic said he checked the batteries and said they were good.

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
They told me they changed out the sensor unit. A few months ago the mechanic said he checked the batteries and said they were good.
Why "check" the batteries? The bike is almost 6 years old. Even tho the batteries may check "good", they could be weak. They should just be replaced with brand new ones if you go to all the trouble to dismount the tire, etc.. I would have just wanted new batteries at that point. I don't know how long they are supposed to last, but I would think the service life is reaching the end. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
17 Posts
A dealer won't " change the batteries", they're not made to be changed per se. They will put new sensors in at a cost of about 180 each for the units + labor of course. If u are handy with a wrench ten u can change the batteries urself. It is kinda a pita but it is doable. I believe there was someone here in the forum who was doing them for a small fee if u would send them ur units.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tmps

Has anyone paid attention that all these problems have only occurred since the Wing plant was removed from the USA? Every since the plant was relocated to Japan, have they been issues of new Wings.......something funny here!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
A dealer won't " change the batteries", they're not made to be changed per se. They will put new sensors in at a cost of about 180 each for the units + labor of course. If u are handy with a wrench ten u can change the batteries urself. It is kinda a pita but it is doable. I believe there was someone here in the forum who was doing them for a small fee if u would send them ur units.
I have a 2 year old bike and my lights went on and stayed on. Went to the dealer and they said its the low batt too. They covered 1 under the warranty and charged me for a second unit as it was supposedly broken... $368.00 How can you brake one? I had this tire on the bike for 2500 miles and they insist it was broken during the install of the tire.. You cant fight them they are the biggest dealer in GA.

·
Super Moderator
14,576 Posts
Has anyone paid attention that all these problems have only occurred since the Wing plant was removed from the USA? Every since the plant was relocated to Japan, have they been issues of new Wings.......something funny here!
Well now, my 2010 was built in Ohio.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I have a 2012, made in Japan and have not had any issues other than a front tire that won't hold pressure.

·
Super Moderator
14,576 Posts
Just rode the bike home from the dealer. They did the brake recall work last Thursday but had trouble figuring out the TPMS problem. They reset the system last Friday but the light came right back on. So they finally figured it out today that they three parts were not syncing. They said it is fixed now and at least the light did not come back on for the trip home. They spent a lot of time on the phone with Mother Honda to figure it out.

I'll take it for a good ride tomorrow and see if it stays off.

·
Premium Member
5,465 Posts
Good to hear Mark, i plan on having my brake recall down early spring.

·
Super Moderator
14,576 Posts
Rode over to Marathon Lake Campground to supervise a pack test, then back to the office, so put a little over 200 miles on the bike today. TPMS light never came on.

I have to ride over to Forest (same district) tomorrow for my annual helicopter crew refresher. So I'll get close to another 200 miles on the bike. Good test as it hasn't gone that far without coming on since last winter.

Reactions: Chopin

·
Super Moderator
14,576 Posts
Disabling the warning light works every time .:wink2:
Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Ya rat bstrd, now you have me wondering.....

Naw, it comes on when I turn the key. I think..........

·
Super Moderator
14,576 Posts
Only one way to find out. Psssssssssssss ! And then take it for a ride.
But I don't have a car tire. It might be dangerous.

>:)

21 - 40 of 62 Posts