Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a TPMS to my 05 goldwing. It is working great so far. It does seem to read a little higher pressure than a simple tire gauge so I tend to default to the electronic.

My question is what are the limits recommended for the front & rear tire pressure and temperature? I live in Arizona where I have already seen the rear temp above 120F on a 95 degree day.

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
12 Posts
I realize that this is a very old question, but in doing a search on the forum, I didn't find an answer for the OP's question. I have the same question - what is the max allowable temp? Is there one? What is "normal", front and rear? Anyone want to take a guess?

·
Premium Member
5,507 Posts
I run a Tireguard TPMS on my 1500 and the 1800.
Been running one over two years.

My observations are below

front tire air pressure at start 41 climbs to 48 PSI on TPMS temp goes up about 25 degrees of ambient

Rear tire was 42 on a mc tire and would rise 9 psi to 51 .temp I have seen as high as 128F on a 100 degree day.

Now I am ruining a car tire on the 1800 and it goes up 4 psi and only goes up about 15 degrees, course the rear tire on any of them are getting all the engine heat and exhaust heat.

Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for the info. I have not been on any extended higher speed runs since installing the TireGard, so I didn't know what to expect. My work commute is only 5-6 miles each way and is just far enough to alarm me as to how quickly the tires heat up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts