Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Doakh, you have to hit the set button to cycle the display. Bottom section shows either front pressure (Fr), back pressure (Rr) or miles to empty. Was the light “TPMS” or the flat tire symbol? The first means a system error the second low air pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doakh, you have to hit the set button to cycle the display. Bottom section shows either front pressure (Fr), back pressure (Rr) or miles to empty. Was the light “TPMS” or the flat tire symbol? The first means a system error the second low air pressure.
The amber low air pressure image was displaying and the actual air pressure was blinking at the bottom of the display window. What do you mean by 'set' button? I need to read the manual.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, I feel the manual will be a great asset to you with all of the information on the displays. On the top shelter you have 2 buttons. Sel and set. Select move the arrow on the left edge between the 3 information areas. Set changes what is displayed in each. For the first area you can see air temp and cruise set speed. Area 2 has your odometer and trip 1 and 2. Area 3 shows FR for front tire pressure, RR for rear tire and range for distance to empty. Page 34 starts the info on the display.

Reactions: DesertRat

·
Read Only
98 Posts
You need to check the air pressure in the tires. It stopped blinking because it heated up and got in the range of where it should be. Front tire 36 psi and rear tire 41 psi. Then you shouldn’t have any issues. If it is cold out it will blink til it warms up, at least mine has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need to check the air pressure in the tires. It stopped blinking because it heated up and got in the range of where it should be. Front tire 36 psi and rear tire 41 psi. Then you shouldn’t have any issues. If it is cold out it will blink til it warms up, at least mine has.
That appears to be what happened. The front tire was at 30 psi, too low to register. The back was 37 psi. This is a lesson to anyone buying from a private party. She told me to my face, her son has checked the tires and they were fine.

So you cannot display both tires air pressure at the same time if I read then manual correctly?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You are correct, you must cycle between the two. But if you have one that is low it will automatically display once it registers.

Reactions: 70629

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I had a similar issue on my Wing i collected from the dealer, on the way home i noticed the TPMS light come on. I deflated and re-inflated as per recommendation and no way of getting the light to go off. I then disconnected the battery terminal and re-connected and Presto no TPMS light. Went for a ride and after about 1 km the pressures were displayed accordingly...Nothing like a re-set...

·
Registered
5 Posts
2018 doesn't show psi while started and or parked , BUT it did show PSI but once I started riding it.
Came home and parked it and left it running and it won't show any PSI but will show the miles if I select it. Is this normal.?
I would think I should be able to turn it on, then select the tires and it should show me what psi its at.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting, my PSI light came on from new, only 150 miles or so and still on. I did pull over first time to inflate the tires but on the brand new bike (2018 model) there was no easy access to the valve and people were waiting to use the air compressor. looked like a one beer can process just to figure out how to get to the valves. I don't see the option to display the psi, I was thinking it would be nice to know which tire was low, front or back. Any way I'll try to deflate both fast and re-inflate and hopefully it will go away

21 - 29 of 29 Posts