Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all the trike kits install trailer hitches but they do not tell you how much they will tow,how do i find out.i would like to buy a small pop up camper to tow when i go to bike events.have a 2005 goldwing with a csc trike.thanks:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
I found this posted on another site. Can't attest to the accuracy, but may be a good starting point for discussion. The Wing will tow a lot, but the issue is stopping and how safely. So here is the post:

I checked with some of the manufactures and this is what they recommend:
Manufa’s Tongue/Tow weight
Champion –
CSC – 50/400
DFT – 35/500
Hannigan – 55/550
Lehman – 50/200
Motor Trike – 100/1000
Trikes by Triking –0/0 Won’t certify any more than Honda does for 2 wheel wing

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
What ever you find something like the Bunk House or Leisure lite, some thing that is designed for a motorcycle to tow. Once had a fellow show up pulling one of the original pop up tent trailers designed for a car. Way to much trailer for the bike.
Also remember there are stores along the way you don't have to pack a weeks worth of food. Keep the weight down.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
What ever you find something like the Bunk House or Leisure lite, some thing that is designed for a motorcycle to tow. Once had a fellow show up pulling one of the original pop up tent trailers designed for a car. Way to much trailer for the bike.
Also remember there are stores along the way you don't have to pack a weeks worth of food. Keep the weight down.
Hey Ron, some even use the vanishing underware trick. Take along your old ones and throw away each day. Not that that makes such a big dent on weight but in might help in volume particularly if you wear a 50XL. :p

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Hey Ron, some even use the vanishing underware trick. Take along your old ones and throw away each day. Not that that makes such a big dent on weight but in might help in volume particularly if you wear a 50XL. :p
Aaah Dan; You are indeed a fast learner. Another tip you can share or not share with Deb is most gift shop will ship your purchases to your home for you. Up to you if want to share this tip or not.:D
There is also the reversable trick, inside, outside, front and back. Then throw them away.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
:rolleyes: Boy, talk about hijacking a guys thread.... This thing went from towing to underwear usage in a hurry....LOL:D

·
Registered
259 Posts
hi all the trike kits install trailer hitches but they do not tell you how much they will tow,how do i find out.i would like to buy a small pop up camper to tow when i go to bike events.have a 2005 goldwing with a csc trike.thanks:confused:
If you're talking about removable kits like the Voyager kit, the folks at corporate Voyager told me 300 lbs was their max rating.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Some of my favorite campgrounds include Marriot, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Hyatt, and Wyndham.
I can see we have something in common. Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inns & Drury's are some of our favorite campsites as well.:D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Camping is .. quaint.

Hotels are the way to go. If you do it right, it doesn't cost much. You stay at a place like the Quality Inn, or Days Inn, etc. There are several chains that all belong to the same "club." La Quinta Inns and Suites also has this "frequent guest" program. so does Best Western, the Hilton, and others. Call and ask!

So you sign up and register as a frequent guest. Now, when you travel, you begin to build points. Stay at two separate hotels, get a third night free, etc. They will send you offers to "up" your free stay points. If you play their game, you can really stay quite cheaply. ALSO, staying at the slightly better hotels usually includes a full breakfast. At the Hampton, for example, you get eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, toast, rolls, bagels and creamed cheese, orange juice ... do you know that if you drink 1/2 gallon of orange juice at today's prices, you room was free?

Kidding aside, if you stay (two people) and have breakfast in the morning in the hotel, you can count about $18.00 (including tip) that you DON'T have to pay at IHOP when you check out, and you serve yourself so there is NO wait, and NO portions. If you want to eat 4 lb. of scrambled eggs and 26 sausage patties, you can in the hotel!

The hotels include free Internet access in most cases, and you don't have to shower in some public facility where you are afraid to set your towel down. Rooms have heat in the winter and a/c in the summer, something your camper doesn't offer. AND, you can walk around your room naked! You can't do that at (most) campgrounds. Believe me. I know!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts