Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these kits on their Goldwing with a CT on the rear? I would think that this would be a natural thing to do. Since we don't do any leaning.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Yep....I have one on mine and LOVE it !!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone have one of these kits on their Goldwing with a CT on the rear? I would think that this would be a natural thing to do. Since we don't do any leaning.
Hey ,Triker i have Ct up her in westville IL. if you want to come and get it

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
I cannot see why it wouldn't work, I've been giving thought to it since my Wing has a Voyager.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine is a true conversion trike, have ct on the back of it. Don't see why it would be any different with the inst-trike. Have a friend with a Kawasaki with insta-trike. He runs car tires also. Should be ok I would think

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed the Tow Pac on my 2006 Honda ST1300 and kept it installed about a week and removed it. I advertised it on Ebay for half price and got no bites. I eventually cut the kit up in small peices and disposed of it. I have the 12 inch wheels and tires and the struts still and if anyone is willing to drive to my location - they are yours.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I installed the Tow Pac on my 2006 Honda ST1300 and kept it installed about a week and removed it. I advertised it on Ebay for half price and got no bites. I eventually cut the kit up in small peices and disposed of it. I have the 12 inch wheels and tires and the struts still and if anyone is willing to drive to my location - they are yours.
What was wrong that made you remove it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Poorly designed and poorly built. I kept the only parts worth having and they came from Northern Tools. They are yours for the having. I wish I could share the $4,000 worth of experience.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Well you did not have a true tow pac....you must have bought something that someone made in their back yard.....

I have one on my 1500 and it works great.....I also have a CT on it and it works great also....

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
While we are straying away from the subject of this thread, I am very sorry to hear you were so disappointed w/the TowPac. I noted you had this installed on an ST1300, not a Wing.
Not sure what difference that would make,, if any??
I investigated the TowPac for my Wing, while deciding which way to go. I went the real trike route.
However, if one can not afford a trike conversion and needs "help" to continue riding, one of the "outriggers" would suffice.
I do know one needs to have one of these units set up correctly or they can be "unsettling" to ride.
I also feel a rake kit is needed for steering ease but, the outrigger can not be removed to ride as a 2 wheeler.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Bamaeagle, what ct do you have on your Tow Pac Insta Trike kit? By the way I found one but I need the hardware for it. I have an '85 Goldwing GL1200 LTD and I was told by Tow Pac the hardware I can use has to come from the same bike. If you know of anyone with the hardware please let me know,...I am eager to get it going. Thanks and God bless.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally put a CT on the back last week. Bridgestone Turanza, 195-60. While on vacation in Illinois. sure seems to have a softer ride, with my tow-pac kit on it. Put 1000 miles on it coming home to Florida. I'm happy!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rear tire

I have had the car tire on the back now for 10 months and a few thousand miles. Still looks great with no problems. I am running about 40psi.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did put a Bridgestone c/t on the rear. Drove it 1000 miles back home from Illinois, to Florida. Got about 5000 miles on it now, and love it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While we are straying away from the subject of this thread, I am very sorry to hear you were so disappointed w/the TowPac. I noted you had this installed on an ST1300, not a Wing.
Not sure what difference that would make,, if any??
I investigated the TowPac for my Wing, while deciding which way to go. I went the real trike route.
However, if one can not afford a trike conversion and needs "help" to continue riding, one of the "outriggers" would suffice.
I do know one needs to have one of these units set up correctly or they can be "unsettling" to ride.
I also feel a rake kit is needed for steering ease but, the outrigger can not be removed to ride as a 2 wheeler.
Why do you say that you can't drive the bike without the outriggers, if you put a rake kit on? Choppers have raked front ends, and you can drive them.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Why do you say that you can't drive the bike without the outriggers, if you put a rake kit on? Choppers have raked front ends, and you can drive them.
There is a big difference in actually raking the neck of the frame vs. adding a rake kit!
I asked the very same question!
Google "rake and trail", you will find tons of info on this and will find the answer to your question!
By the way-Choppers w/raked necks and long extended front ends are also very dangerous to ride!

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Hey Oldtoot...I PM'd you earlier, did you get it? I'm interested in the parts...:icon_confused:Isaac

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I recently checked the tire wear on my c/t and it showed that I was wearing out the middle tread. I have been running 40psi and lowered it to 35. Hopefully that should even it out. Also, went double D today, and put a Battlax45 on the front. they would not reverse the direction of the tire. So, we will see how that works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts