Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to trailer a dirt bike behind a gold wing?? I have a 2021 gold wing and a 2021 YZ125X weighs a 190 pounds, I don't want to go for maybe maybe 20 miles, I could stay off the freeway. What do you think?

·
Registered
1982 Honda Goldwing GL1100
55 Posts
I was just talking about this with my wife. Maybe instead of a sidecar, a sidetrailer! Maybe something that would haul a couple of dual sports for about 600lbs???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If you get a trailer with suitably wide wheel base, it should be no problem. Remember, its' not the weight of the bike, but the center of gravity. Here's a picture of one, but the trailer needs some sort of suspension, plus lighting.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
I've seen pictures of a Wing towing a dirt bike. Don't remember where, but it should work.

Reactions: HertyGirty

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
At Americade one year, there was a Wing towing a canoe full of camping gear. No reason you can't tow a dirt bike with the proper trailer.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm convinced, the video is awesome. I was probably going to do it anyway because that's what I usually do. But I absolutely have some confidence now Thank you very much

·
Registered
147 Posts
190 lbs for the bike and maybe another 100 lbs or so for the trailer should be no problem. Just leave yourself a little extra time & distance for stopping. I know a guy that has pulled a camper trailer that weighed nearly 500 lbs. It pulled ok but was a handfull to stop especialy in a panic stop.

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's new,plated,and absolutely beautiful husky! That thing will also " get some " I really like that I feel like heading to the dealership

·
Registered
1982 Honda Goldwing GL1100
55 Posts
That's new,plated,and absolutely beautiful husky! That thing will also " get some " I really like that I feel like heading to the dealership
Thanks!
I couldn’t resist!!
If I thought I were riding more road than trail I might have gone with the FE501s. The FE350 is plenty for the trails though. I love it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts