Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received a Tourmaster Transition 2 jacket and all I have to say is that this thing is the answer I was looking for, even after buying a Joe Rocket mesh and trying a leather jacket I already had. The mesh jacket is lousy in wet weather and the leather is too hot in anything above 75 degrees as its padded liner isn't removable.

The Tourmaster is a 3/4 length jacket that breathes, is waterproof (yet to be tested) and can be adjusted in most every way possible. I very much disliked putting my Joe Rocket w/rain liner on, because it felt like I was putting on a sauna suit. I do not feel that way at all with the new one.

At $170 (almost $30 cheaper than I had seen it at other places - if they had it) it is well worth the money. Most places have this thing on backorder for 60 days or more, so I'm very glad I got such a good deal!

I highly recommend it over mesh/leather jackets if you're going to need a jacket in both hot and wet weather (as I will when I make my Four Corners tour in July).

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have a tourmaster saber and rincon jacket. both are 3/4 legnth. i have had the saber jacket on the few times i've been on the bike this year, infact yesterday i took a 160 mile ride wearing it and my only complaint is the collar is not high enough. i wore it when i rode to work a few weeks ago with a mid-weight fleece under for warmth as the liner in the jacket is thin and i don't think it was made for 36f weather. there is a blessing of the bikes event tomorrow and if its not raining i am going to wear the rincon jacket to see which i like best

·
Registered
198 Posts
I hung up my leather and purchased the same in black. My leather is old and heavy and the Transition 2 jacket is lighter and warm and waterproof. I'll give it a test in a couple of weeks when I head South for my first road trip on my Wing. I'll test the jacket and the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts