Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the full electric setup from Tourmaster last year. Gloves, Jacket, Pants, Soles. I really don't use the pants and soles, living in Southern California. I have a problem with the gloves. They get warm, but not hot. In temps in the 50's it's plenty warm, but in the 40's and lower, (yes it gets that cold early mornings in LA) they just aren't keeping the fingers warm. The jacket gets HOT, so much that I have to run it at 25 - 50% power to be comfortable, but the gloves on 100% are just not doing the job. I don't have heated seats or grips.

I've switched out the controller, even plugged one of the gloves directly into the bike power, and they still only get warm.

Anybody else have these gloves? Do they get hot?

I haven't brought them back to the dealer yet. Waiting to hear if my expectations are too high.

Registered
I bought the full electric setup from Tourmaster last year. Gloves, Jacket, Pants, Soles. I really don't use the pants and soles, living in Southern California. I have a problem with the gloves. They get warm, but not hot. In temps in the 50's it's plenty warm, but in the 40's and lower, (yes it gets that cold early mornings in LA) they just aren't keeping the fingers warm. The jacket gets HOT, so much that I have to run it at 25 - 50% power to be comfortable, but the gloves on 100% are just not doing the job. I don't have heated seats or grips.

I've switched out the controller, even plugged one of the gloves directly into the bike power, and they still only get warm.

Anybody else have these gloves? Do they get hot?

I haven't brought them back to the dealer yet. Waiting to hear if my expectations are too high.
I also got the full Tourmaster set 2 years ago. I found that at expressway speeds in the teens f or below the gloves cannot keep up. I have to alternate placing a hand in my lap to warm them up (and I have Baker hand wings). The rest of the outfit and the boot inserts seem to do well, although the pants are very difficult to get on over a pair of jeans and seem to be designed to be worn as an underlayer.
Now that I no longer commute, riding in cold temperatures has become much less attractive. :wink2:

Registered
I also got the full Tourmaster set 2 years ago. I found that at expressway speeds in the teens f or below the gloves cannot keep up. I have to alternate placing a hand in my lap to warm them up (and I have Baker hand wings). The rest of the outfit and the boot inserts seem to do well, although the pants are very difficult to get on over a pair of jeans and seem to be designed to be worn as an underlayer.
Now that I no longer commute, riding in cold temperatures has become much less attractive. :wink2:
Verify if there is a resistor in the glove and if so replace it by a less value one (10 ohm vs 5 ohm)you will double the watts

Super Moderator
if the gloves are under warranty I would see about replacing or returning them

Registered
I have the tourmaster synergy 2.0 suit myself with the textile gloves. They get hot but running 80 mph fingers still get cold. I called tourmaster and it seems to be the norm for textile gloves in the 20's out. I'm gonna get the leather ones and that is supposed to be the ones to have.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Premium Member
I have the tourmaster synergy 2.0 suit myself with the textile gloves. They get hot but running 80 mph fingers still get cold. I called tourmaster and it seems to be the norm for textile gloves in the 20's out. I'm gonna get the leather ones and that is supposed to be the ones to have.
I just bought a pair of Hotwire gloves and their vest. The gloves have three temp settings and start out on high when you first turn the glove on. These gloves keep my fingers very warm doing 70 and it's 40*F. The middle level almost does the trick at the same speed but the very very tips of my fingers cold.

The vest has four levels. It keeps your neck nice and warm without using a scarf or anything else.

Premium Member
My wife has had the Gerbing coat and gloves. I believe that the gloves also don't get too hot, but seem to be warm enough because she is more of a fair weather passenger.

Registered

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Speedy,
My Tourmaster leather gloves work fine until the temps get down into the teens (f) and at 70 + mph. Even in the teens, if I avoid the expressways and take the back roads, I am fine (I also have heated grips).
I remember posting in another long ago thread that they worked like this in below zero conditions, but it is clear that my memory that day was not exactly spot on. :frown2: We do have those kind of teampures in our forecast this week and if the roads clear of the heavy salt residue and do not ice up, I plan to suit up and see how I fare on the secondary roads. I know better than to ride at high speed with my current gear in those conditions. :serious:
I suspect that the Tourmaster design team was given parameters that did not dip much below freezing. It would be nice if the manufactures could put their design parameters into their ads so we could make better choices based on how we want to ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts