Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Since selling my Bonneville and buying my Goldwing I've started the process of selling off some riding gear and looking at other "touring" gear. Going is my Triumph Leather Balham jacket. What I'm using temporarily is a fieldsheer Mesh jacket, but, I'm wanting something a little more versatile. I'm considering the Tourmaster Transition2 jacket. Does anyone have one? Does it vent OK? Is it too hot/cold?
Other armored textile jacket Rx are welcome.
Also, I have some Scorpion Exo overpants, but, I've really never liked Overpants. They tend to bunch up :( Can anyone rx some armored textile pants for touring type riding?

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Not sure where your from but I really like my Joe Rocket Super Tour....It deals with the heat down here in Alabama pretty well...Very versatile.:)

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i use my joe rocket ballistic mesh jacket for warm to hot weather and my tourmaster reicon or saber jackets for cold weather. i don't think one jacket can cover the tempature lows in the early spring and late fall and be cool enough in hot weather

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I'm an Olympia fan myself. Good all year around here (except for July and August when riding in clothing of any kind is too damn hot).

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I have used Joe Rocket phoenix mesh/ armored jacket for 6 years and here in the Arizona summer and swear by it. Winter I use a Joe Rocket fabric. I wear riding pants in winter and years ago I bought a pair of Tourmaster cortech. These zip down the outside of each leg and are excellent keeping cold out. I wore them once over Donner Pass @ 23F. I have never found a summer/ winter comb. jacket that would do both jobs well.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I have used Joe Rocket phoenix mesh/ armored jacket for 6 years and here in the Arizona summer and swear by it. Winter I use a Joe Rocket fabric. I wear riding pants in winter and years ago I bought a pair of Tourmaster cortech. These zip down the outside of each leg and are excellent keeping cold out. I wore them once over Donner Pass @ 23F. I have never found a summer/ winter comb. jacket that would do both jobs well.
i also use the joe rocket mesh ,its a great jacket and works well , until the temp gets to 95 then nothing helps , i havent purchased my winter jacket yet leaning towards Tourmaster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts