Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading some old threads this morning on the Tour Master Response 2.0 boots. They sound like pretty comfortable boots. Do you think they would give your foot adequate protection in the event of a crash?

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Yes but they have been redesigned so you will have to find old ones somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
both fossil and i have first generation response boots and love them but after i showed him what the new response boots looked like i think we will both end up getting the new solutions 2.0 boots

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a pair of Air Tech boots for hot weather riding and they are great, really keep your feet cool and safe.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I was reading some old threads this morning on the Tour Master Response 2.0 boots. They sound like pretty comfortable boots. Do you think they would give your foot adequate protection in the event of a crash?
That is one thing I didn't put on the review of the TM Response 2.0. They offer excellent crash protection. I really really can't find anything I don't like about the boot

·
Registered
246 Posts
At Americade 2011 in Lake George, NY I bought a pair of the Tourmaster Response Boots (SC?), size 14. My previous boots, 4yr old Tourmaster boots (size 13) were given to my 15yr old nephew...they fit him. :) Anyway, the short response boot is a well made boot and offers great foot protection, but at speed I feel the wind up my leg alot more...not bad for a hot day but it'll chill your willy on a cold one, also when wet my socks were drenched. A month ago I ordered another pair of Tourmaster Boots, full size, in size 14, and love 'em. Both wind and waterproof at speed. I normally get the boots a size larger than I wear, it makes them easier to take on and off. Also I wear heavy socks when riding, normally. :) Just my 2 cents worth. The price on both boots was under a $100.00 each.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought the new 2.0 boots and when trying them on the very first time the pull strap in the back ripped loose. Put them back in the box and returned for credit.

I normally wear 10.5 wide, but ordered these 12 wide because most bike stuff is made for skinny people. These 12 wide would barely go on, and would not zip up the side. I am a big man, but not THAT big. Length was appropriate for a 12, but width was pathetic for a boot with WIDE width options. Shaft was made for "normal" people.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Tourmaster Boots

I bought the new 2.0 boots and when trying them on the very first time the pull strap in the back ripped loose. Put them back in the box and returned for credit.

I normally wear 10.5 wide, but ordered these 12 wide because most bike stuff is made for skinny people. These 12 wide would barely go on, and would not zip up the side. I am a big man, but not THAT big. Length was appropriate for a 12, but width was pathetic for a boot with WIDE width options. Shaft was made for "normal" people.
Amen to "bike stuff is for skinny people". :) I'm 6'1" and at 300lbs I am big and always have trouble finding motorcycle gear. I did buy the Tourmaster Boots because I've received excellent customer service in the past. (A tank bag seamed ripped on the inside of my Tourmaster tank bag while on a trip to El Paso, Tx. When I got home I informed Tourmaster of the problem and withing two weeks of my issue received a new tank bag...that sold me on Tourmaster.

I too bought the Tourmaster Boots in a larger size. I wear a size 12 reg and my first boots were a size 13 regular, they fit but were a real bear to pull on and off. Once on they fit like a fine leather glove. After about 5 yrs I purchased new Tourmaster Response Boots and gave my old boots to a nephew. The short boots are great but my feet get wet in a heavy downpour so I ordered, online, a new pair to "tall" Tourmaster boots. Remembering my first experience, I ordered this new pair in size 14 Wide. The boots are easy to pull on and off and are waterproof to the max. I'll always wear my "tall" boots when I tour, the shorty's are for local, normally one-day rides. Hope you get satisfaction from Tourmaster.
Ride Safe,
T-Rex

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts

I have and still do love mine. However, I am 6' and 180 lbs. Maybe the leather is made strong enough.

·
Registered
102 Posts
T-Rex, I got a full prompt refund from the online company I ordered from. I have several Tourmaster products and like them all. I wish the boots had fit, I wanted something lighter than the typical boot you see in most stores, with a too thick toe, and very heavy overall weight. The Tourmasters were light.

I would maybe try a 13 in the Tourmaster boots, but then they would be so long, they might not work well when walking.

I will have to keep looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts