Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding for 1 1/2 hours with heat seater on max and cb on, stopped and turned off bike for about 10 minutes, keeping key in bike. When key was turned on, there was no display, no lights, nothing electrical. for 45 minutes turned key off and on, same with kill switch. pulled all fuses and examined, put jumper cables on battery for possible jump and brushed ends together, getting a healthy spart. Then pulling key out reinserting and turning on, display came up as normal and bike ran normally except clock was slow by 45 minutes and cb didnt work (did not try heat seater again)

Now, cb still doesnt work although all displays seem normal including rx/tx, channel, volume, etc. When cb is on radio will not work. Intercom works normally.

I thought problem might be connected to seat heater, but dont know how to proceed. Could it be relay switch, and if so how to check.

Help

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
What year is the bike?

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome donovan0131. How new is your bike? If it's still under the warranty coverage period, I'd take it to a dealer and have them put it on the computer diagnostics, a code may show up. There's also code indicators that flash when you activate the ignition switch. The service manual will explain the sequences to you (my memory isn't good enough to list that by wrote:eek:).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my Goldwing is a 2010, so should still be under warranty. The dealer isnt close to my winter address, but can take it in to have checked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts