Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen an add for a bike with this add on exhaust. The bike is not close by to go look at. How much extra noise is there going to be? Any other negatives?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Seen an add for a bike with this add on exhaust. The bike is not close by to go look at. How much extra noise is there going to be? Any other negatives?
I've read quite a few times that they don't fit well and your always chasing exhaust leaks,welding be a better option then the clamps.There's a post on the GL1800Riders forum by a member that just installed them who's pretty handy. I've never heard them live so I have no idea how they sound but there must be a video somewhere for what its worth.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have a set of Kingsnakes on my '09. They look good, but they sound great! I don't have the Loopz on mine but they eliminate the cat so it raises the sound quite a bit from what I'm told. Requires some cutting of the header pipes too I think. My bike has a nice deep growl when you start it up, but it's not obnoxious (nad it's still well below the legal Db limit. But when you open the tap she has a pretty fair howl to it. I have the extra baffles but have never put them in yet. Install was pretty simple, I did it myself in the shop at the dealership. Had more fun with the lower cowl pieces than the exhaust caused. Darn studs that the acorn nuts go on were driving me crazy, one of our mechs took pitty on me and put them back on.:eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I fitted a set of the torque monsters to my '95 1500 Goldwing as the old collector box had rusted out to the point that the exhurst mufflers ends on both sides.. The one on the right was not even connected to the muffler & the one on the left side was only about an inch left holding it on... Now the bike has this nice growl on start up then settles into a low rumble as it warms up to the point my girl friend says it sounds a bit like an old 1970's - early 1980's Porshe 911 flat six Boxster...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put on the torq loopz a few weeks ago on my 1800. sound is great as I now have true duel exhaust. No need to change fuel as it sets itself. Got a deep growl. You need to replace the stock muflers to get full effect. Drilled mine out, but may replace them later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts