Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Torin Recreational Vehicle Lift - 3/4 Ton, Model#T64017

Has anyone used this jack for their 1800. If so how do you use it to lift an 1800?. I put it under the bike & the front End of the bike goes up only. If I have the bike on the side stand the lift wont even go under the bike. On the centerstand it will go under the bike but just the front end goes up? Little help please

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
You can try putting more air in the rear shocks ( will lift the bike some, giving more clearance)
Also try putting the side stand on a 3/4 inch piece of wood, again will provide more clearance under the bike.
On my 1500 I position the front life pad of the jack just forward of the side stand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to fully extend the shock still no go. The 3/4 piece of wood may work. I will say that the weight of the bike would go onto the folded centerstand in order for this lift to lift both ends of this bike. True??

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I tried to fully extend the shock still no go. The 3/4 piece of wood may work. I will say that the weight of the bike would go onto the folded center stand in order for this lift to lift both ends of this bike. True??
With my jack on my 1500 going under the bike from the side of the bike. The front lift pad goes just forward of the side stand and the rear pad goes under the front portion of of the center stand.

Depending on the bike you may have to move the jack either forward or back to get the balance you want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is the way my GL1800 balances out on the Pitt-bull lift. Right lift-pad a little forward of the foot-peg and the left lift-pad resting on the forward section of the center-stand.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts