Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Tool kits vary in quality and application, but Sears does (or did) make a motorcycle specific (in metrice or SAE) kit that does work. Whether it includes all the tools in the all the sizes you'd ever need to make a roadside or garage repair is unknown to me, and unlikely. But, with Sears very solid lifetime guarantee onCraftsman tools, it would be hard to go wrong. It comes in tha wrap-up kit with allen wrenches, socket and ratchet, crescent wrench and locking plier and screwdrivers 35 pcs in all. Not sure of price, but search Sears and it should come up. It's liable to be lots less than the OEM kit that comes with a Wing, they're $145 Cdn so figure $125 or so down in the States for a less than stellar set of tools. But they do work if needed; and unlike another manufacturer, the bike does come with them.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Could some of you tell me what is a good tool set and where to get it.
Ask the McGyver of motorcycles (Fossil 92) he is pretty handy with a cresent wrench, better yet ask Mrs. Fossil. ;)

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Ask the McGyver of motorcycles (Fossil 92) he is pretty handy with a crescent wrench, better yet ask Mrs. Fossil. ;)
Better you said it than me. I live too close to McGyver. But I might have said it if you hadn't. Well isn't this funny. I Google " motorcycle tool kit " and it lists a number of sites for kits. Everyone I click on takes me to a Harley Davidson website.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Yeah Chop, but you have to remember, they NEED their tools. Oh crap, did I say that out loud? Nah, no tool kit could have helped my Dyna Convertible, and the RK didn't need one while it lived.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Whitehorse Gear in No. Conway, NH has some tool sets SAE and Metric....They'll send you a catalog too.........Check them out. www.WhitehorseGear.com.....

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
If you want general tools to use at your home to work on your bike, Sears Craftsmen Tools have always worked well for me. I do have specialized tools from Snap-on and Matco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts