Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Took my first live look & ride on the 2012 GW

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Badrider 
#1 ·
At our GWTA spring warm out, Honda had a GL1800 2012 GW.
I took it for a spin.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
So what was your impression of the "new" 2012???

#7 ·
Well gentlemen, I have only riddin a 1800 once before about 3 years ago at another spring warm up our club did, and it was a little circle around the parking lot. Yesterday I took it on the road and opened it up to about 150 klicks for about a 2 kilometer stretch. When I came back into the parking lot I was told that I should not have taken it off the private property. Oh well :eek:
As far as I know its basically a GL1800 with the improved radio. The suspension is suppose to be better but I couldn't tell you. I did feel the bike was very nimble and lite, but again probably the same as a regular GL1800.

By the way fossil, thanks for the comment. If I didn't like my 1500 so much, I'd be bumping up to a 1800 much faster.

Over all I give it a

#11 ·
You are so right Nightwing. I think I would have really pezzed of the Honda boys if I buggered off on their brand new 2012 wing for a few hours. A few minutes off the property and they did not get too upset at me.

#13 ·
Yer a lucky SOB Badrider. I can't even get one here since they are in such short supply. I'm hoping one of the big smoke dealerships will have a demo I can go for a burst on. The 2012 comes with Bridgestone tyres vs. Dunlops so that might account for as much of a handling improvement as anything. The extra capacity in the luggage would be a bonus, and the bike weighs 8# more.

#14 ·
Hey budoka, if you can make it here for Saturday, Markham Outdoor Honda is having a BBQ and suppose to have one for a test ride. :D

#17 ·
Thanks Commander, I bought it a few months old from a buddy of mine, and got a great price because he wanted the same jacket in black and white. After about three years it started pillaging on the front. When I was at a different dealer with my same buddy, I showed them what was happening with the front of the jacket. My friend had the same thing happening around his sleeves. The dealer sent it back and they replaced both jackets free of charge.
So hear I am with a jacket about one month old and loving it. :):):)

#16 ·
Thanks Badrider for that:( (tad far to ride methinks). I'm running a couple booths in an outdoor expo this w/e so I'll be looking at bikes thinking about riding rather than riding and thinking about looking at bikes:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.