Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
You all related by blood or marriage ties down there ?:eekers:
The politically correct term is "communal DNA", Lee.

Or, as Hillary puts it: "It takes a village.":lala::eekers::popcorn:

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
You don't have any DNA ties to anyone in Foley, MN ? My DNA came from Foley. From there it went west to Seattle and southwest to Arizona. :eekers:
No, I'm not a native Minnesotan. Lived here off and on for a long time, but not a native.

Then again, some of my Mescalero Apache forebearers might have crossed some of your ancestors' paths in Arizona......:eekers:

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Phil, your hometown sounds like a great place to grow up. Good memories like those are the best.
I still have a lot of family there.....It was one of those places where everyone knew what everyone was doing.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Small town America,... To find a place that IS still what it was is rare. The town I live in now hasn't changed THAT much since my friends here were kids. And it's not dilapidated like so many I see as I ride the back roads and once-flourishing two-lane highways from before the interstates bypassed everything. I often consider the old motels and gas stations and general stores, and barns (y'all know from pics I love old barns) that once were bustling with locals trading and visiting with one another. And the tourists, especially when I ride old beach towns in southern Alabama and across northwestern Florida. Highway 11 through Tennessee and West Virginia is much the same. The structures are still there but the life has disappeared from them. I just "imagine" and enjoy my memories of such similar places from my childhood. THAT is one reason "I love to ride!" Thanks Phil, and the others, for the nostalgia trip.
Big Ken.

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Sorry your old home place is getting run down. Thanks for sharing though. You didn't move very far, just up the road a piece. I went by the house I grew up in Detroit a couple years ago. The neighborhood looked pretty good. The house was looking well kept and the trees we planted are a lot bigger.

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Thanks Mr. Phil you ST 1300 looks great. I tried to do a ride like that some years ago but the state of Pa. Would not let me through the front gate's.

·
Super Moderator
11,317 Posts
Yes it is.....and yes he was. No offense to Kerry.
None taken. :)

Sorry to see your hometown in such sad repair.

I still live in the same town, but the area I grew up in has turned to almost all commercial.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts