Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago, I got to a group ride gathering point way too early. Called my 14 year old grandson, RC, told him to get dressed and I'd pick him up. At his house, I realized I didn't have his helmet. The look on his face made me want to break my own foot.

Last week, called him the night before the group ride, he said yes, I hung up the phone and immediately put his helmet in the trunk. Got to his house, made sure he was dressed warm for the 45 degrees, got on the bike. No battery. Yeah, that day.

No group ride this weekend, but called him last night and agreed to a ride for just us at 8AM. Put the helmet in the trunk again. Got to his house, noone answers the door. Noone answers the house phone. His mother doesn't answer her cell phone. His father doesn't answer his phone. Both cars are in the drive and there should be 6 people in the house, RC and two others supposedly early risers. I start thinking about calling the cops but first I'll bang on RC's window. AH HA!! There's life inside.

We have breakfast in Mansfield, walk out into a light rain but to southwest looks like no rain. Off we go.

Ride a bunch of backroads and and get to Loco Coyote 10 minutes before opening at 11AM. This place strats getting busy about a half hour after opening and service slows terribly. You may wait an hour after ordering to get your burger. Well this time they're 10 minutes late opening. We get our food after 1130. By noon, there were a dozen cars and at least 30 bikes in the parking lot. Good to be early.

Turned out to be a good ride and left him smiling.

·
Administrator
29,080 Posts
3rd times a charm, Grandpa.:YellowWink:

·
Administrator
29,080 Posts
And 3 tires doesn't hurt either. I don't think the parents of my grandchildren will ever let them get on my bike except in the driveway and on the center stand.
Do they know something we don't?:sCo_hmmthink:

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
And 3 tires doesn't hurt either. I don't think the parents of my grandchildren will ever let them get on my bike except in the driveway and on the center stand.
I will grab a paddle because I am in the same boat. My grandchildren are not big enough yet. But I have already been told.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Same here; parents won't let the grandchildren ride with me. The daughter still can't believe her mama and daddy ride, since we didn't start riding until after our kids were on their own. Safe to say she's not into two wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bring me all those grandkids. I'll take 'em. I'll strap the smaller ones on the fenders.

Fossil, I've never been superstitious but "Third times the charm" did cross my mind.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
That's great. Time to go again Grandpa!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts