Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Welcome Aboard.
Are you using tire levers or a manual tire changing machine like the ones sold by Harbor Freight?

·
Super Moderator
10,442 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state.

·
862 Posts
Still trying to remove tire from bike
A couple of tips, if you didn’t remove the exhaust. Which I never touch. Remove; left saddle bag; left shock; release air from right shock; and while on a lift, raise rear until the axle aligns with free space enough to slide it out. I drop tire out the bottom which eliminates any trailer hitch fiddling, you should have Honda moly paste for the splines upon reassembly. It is now sold as moly 77 paste in a squeeze tube. Cleaning the old grease and dirt from the splines is fun. A drip pan and a few cans of brake/parts cleaner help a lot.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A couple of tips, if you didn’t remove the exhaust. Which I never touch. Remove; left saddle bag; left shock; release air from right shock; and while on a lift, raise rear until the axle aligns with free space enough to slide it out. I drop tire out the bottom which eliminates any trailer hitch fiddling, you should have Honda moly paste for the splines upon reassembly. It is now sold as moly 77 paste in a squeeze tube. Cleaning the old grease and dirt from the splines is fun. A drip pan and a few cans of brake/parts cleaner help a lot.
Thanks buddy

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yeah....
on the 1500 a very lengthy list of steps to follow to get down to the axle and removing it so the wheel can be released

it is in the owners manual

1 - 14 of 14 Posts