Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to attempt my first Iron But Ride tomorrow. Hitting the road at 6:00, and will be trying my first 1000 miles in 24 hours. Leaving Austin, and heading up to the Twin Cities to catch 494. Heading West into North Dakota. Will go to Bismarck, and then turn around and head back toward Fargo. At Fargo, I am catching 29, and heading South to Sioux Falls, where I will catch I90 East, back to Austin. Totaal miles should be right around 1175. Hopefully everything goes well.

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
Ride safe and keep hydrated.

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Be Safe B.D. Just remember what the others have told you, stay hydrated as Tank said & have fun.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Good luck buddy

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Good Luck....I hope you make it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Way to go.have fun.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
have a safe adventure, do eat and stay hydrated

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Good luck and be careful

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, my BigDaddy hubby left this morning at 6am to start his big ride~ Should be pulling into home pretty soon here.......been texting me on his stops (I'm a worrywart) and things went good today. I'm sure he'll have some stories to tell when he gets home!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Made it!! 1080 Miles, and 17.5 hours! Everything went well. Found out that if you want to get decent gas milagge on teh wing, keep it under 70. Got as low as 29 mpg, and as high as 37mpg. I will post more after I have the numbers figured out, and I will post what pics I took. Not many.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
I'm gonna guess you averaged about 35MPG overall. That would give probably 5 gas stops. Say maybe 90 minutes total. Make it 16 hous on the road. And that would put your average speed, not counting stops, at about 67MPH. Am I close?

Have you thought about changing your moniker to Bookin' Daddy?

Congrats. Best of all you got home safely without incident.

R

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
As a Candy Arsed Tourer I am not interested in doing IB rides. But it is good to see you have done it and safely and I look forward to your report. Eric

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Go big daddy go

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Glad you made it and thankful you made it safe and are home. Congrats...

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Whoop Whoop....Give it up for the Big Daddy. Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the Club!!!

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
B.D. you have done well. Now go get some needed rest.

MnShadowgal keep the noise down please.:p:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
No problem there Fossil, I actually went to bed before he did! Think he was pretty wired last night when he got home!:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.