Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any idea how I can prevent my left boot from looking like it hasn't been stomped on? That toe-shift lever is doing a pretty good number on it.

Also, I'd also like to know what options are the best for a pair of riding boots. I've been wearing a pair of Justin Ropers that look good, but the leather soles are slippery, so I switched to a rather well used pair of Magnum tactical boots that I had in the closet. They work well, but they look like hell (wore them as my field boots when I was in the Army and they're scuffed up all over!), so I'm pretty much looking to the experienced people here for advice on good riding footwear.

Thanks!

Rapier

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 on the Tourmasters although I have the shorter version (SC). Same tough patch & nice grip on the soles. I also bought a pair of the following for a spare pair & a pair for the wife. They are cheaper & not constructed as well but they do make a good 2nd pair & are very comfortable.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/.../apparel/201_goldwing_Boots_Shoes/des/?page=4
Hey, the price is about right, but I gotta ask, Fossil... How are they in wet weather?

The Ropers that was wearing in the rain the other day were fine for a while, but they were a tad damp when I got home. My feet were damp as well, but not overly so. For all I know it was a combination of the leather being saturated and my feet sweating in them. The Magnums I have will do fine in dry weather, but I know that they're horribly inadequate should I put my foot down in a puddle.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Rapier

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Lots of boots have a shift pad built into them. It still scuffs, but not as badly as the single layer toe leather.

·
Premium Member
23,751 Posts
Now why would you want me to buy a pair of "Women's Boots 3" Women's Cowboy Boots"? :confused:

I mean, sure, they'd be slimming and all that, but would do a number on my manly ego! :rolleyes::)
Welcome to the Goldwing Owners Forum. You've just been initiated. Your in!

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Hey, the price is about right, but I gotta ask, Fossil... How are they in wet weather?
Rapier, we rode this weekend in some rain with no issue, however it was not real heavy. If you look closely at the boot the silver buttons on the sides are vents. As I said I got them for a 2nd pair & we will be riding across the Southwest so I wanted something with some ventilation. I will say that the Tourmaster SC boots have been through deluges so hard that you're down to about 40 mph on an Interstate & my feet have stayed perfectly dry. If I needed to make the choice of 1 or the other I would spring for the Tourmasters. As always this is just one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I sometimes ride in my Justin Ostrich skin boots when dressing up. That heel-toe shifter keeps them looking good.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use the Tour Master Solution Waterproof Road Boots. They have held up well so far. They have an extra tough patch on the left toe to prevent the kind of wear you are talking about from the shifter.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/96/ITEM/Tour-Master-Solution-Waterproof-Road-Boots.aspx

Regards,

Don
Thanks for the input, Don! I went ahead and bought a pair of them that I should have in a couple of days. I'm very much looking forward to putting those TourMaster's on! :):):)

Rapier

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try the Ariat boots. They come in all styles, and have a rubbers sole. I had a heel toe shifter on the 1300VTX, bur never used it. Somehow the boots did not get scuffed nearly as much on that bike as it does on the wing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts