Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i met up with my nieces lisa, caryn, and chandra plus my nephew david at the white chastle at I-96 and us-24, our destination was here http://www.ci.plymouth.mi.us/index.aspx?nid=821. i took schaefer north to to I-96 and I-96 west to the us-24 exit. there must have been four or five other groups that met up at white chastle cause theparking lot was half full with bikes. we wrer the last group to leaveand i was the last one out the lot. heading west on I-96i caught up with caryn, david, and chandra but caryn was slowing down so i had david and chandra pass and catch up with lisa. caryn and i exited I-96 at merriman, she was running on fumes! we made it to the gas station with her on reserve, i don't think ninja 500's have much reserve fuel capacity. one fueled up we hit the road to catch up with everyone else. we exited at I-275 and took it south to m-14 and m-14 west to main street. make a right on main st. and that take you in the heart of downtown plymouth.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
once in the downtown area they had main st. blocked off but for a 5$ donation you could park your bike, we did. there were more bikes here than at bikes on the bricks but i didn't take near as many pic's as i did in flint

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there were bikes parked for two blocks on either side on main st and down six side streets off of mian st. here is a pic of david and chandra, and caryn

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a peek of the crowd

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
these were the only pic's i took and i forgot to take a pic of the kawasaki 900a

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
david and chandra rode in together and had to leave before everyone else we left a few hours later and caryn headed east on m-14 while lisa and i headed north on I-275 we took it to us-24 and us-24 north to m-102, eight mile if you've seen the movie, i haven't. there was a car show in the kmart parking lot but we were too late, very few cars were there but hey it was going on 6pm. lisa and i headed for home , it was back on us-24 south this time and m-14 east then south on schaefer. lisa stays on the same street as i do only about half a mile north. another short ride, 87 miles

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
I used to see some of those bikes everyday when I was a lad. I think the BMW fist caught my attention and imagination. And yes, there was always one in the hood that chopped a four cylinder. What a great way to spend the day and it looks like the same sun that lighted my road also brightened your day too.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think the barn find mrshimm is refering to is the first pic in the second set of pic's i posted. it didn't show in the pic but it is a puch motorcycle of unknown displacement. sorry no pic's of the chili nor did i sample any, i couldn't get close to the stuff and i bleave you are right chopin

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I love to mingle between the bikes and see all the different rides and how proud people are of their bikes. It sure justifies my love for motorcycling when I get that opportunity.

I am glad you got to mingle with family and friends amongst the bikes. A great autumn memory. Thank you for the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
it was a good day larry but i'll bet you that i was the only one at a chili fest that couldn't have chili :)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
You must have been appointed the lead rider. Rules is rules.
when we left white chastle i had lisa lead the group, good thing i did with caryn running out of gas. on the last few rides we've taken i have had lisa lead most of the ride and dewey has been bringing up the rear. he has a good understanding of how the group should ride, when to change lanes, and to help anyone that has a problem in the group, we talk about group riding so he knows what i need him to do and catches on quicker than lisa but she is learning too. next year i am going to have dewey lead on some group rides and as far as i know noone had chili lee

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
Looked like a great time. Glad you enjoyed the day.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looked like a great time. Glad you enjoyed the day.
it was good to see chandra and david on their bike, they have a 1yr old daughter and she's ther first and only kid, need i say more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts