Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
todays trip was just 200.8 miles. a quick trip to town and country cycle in cement city, mi. my niece lisa rode along with with dewey and myself. we thought that there would be more people riding but none of them were at our meeting place by 10 this morning. we were to meet at I-96 and us-24 so at ten the three of us headed south on us-24 going through part of redford, detroit, dearborn, and dearborn hts. we took I-94 west out to jackson,mi and then took us-127 south to us-12 making it to town and country just over an hour after we left

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
here are some pic'c i took of the bike collection they have. how about a harley golf cart or snowmobile

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my riding partners today

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more pic's

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Looks like you faired better than me Doc. At least you had company.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i couldn't mke it on such short notice but since my last trip to pa. dewey and lisa want to visit. we may make plans for next year. i'm resizing and uploading more pic's be sure to check them out

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
You do get out and about. It was a good place to stop. There was plenty to see. Thanks for the photos. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i still have more pic's to add eric but i didn't take pic's of all the old bikes. they had a v-rod drag bike that i wanted a pic of but where and how it was parked made it impossable to get a good shot of it. 425 miles yesterday and 200 today what club does that put dewey in and what about lisa in? she was my riding partner last year but with a new job and having to work every other saturday she hasn't been on the road much other than going to work

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Sounds like a good ride Doc. Hope the next time you come to Pa. Lisa and Dewey can make it.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that was a lot of picture taking and there are more bikes there tyhat i didn't take pic's of, i'll get 'em next time. well knowing that lisa hadn't been out this summer for a good ride i decided she needed one so we left town and country and headed north on us-127 them east on m-50. we could have just went east on us-12 and picked up m-m50 from there but something was going on at michigan international speedway and the state police were everywhere, m-50 is less traveled by those going to and leaving from MIS and it added a few more miles onto our ride. its just a nice country ride on m-50 passing through tippon and tecumseh finally arriving in dundee,mi. we mad a quick or as quick as a stop can be at cabela's. once in the door we all went in different directions. i went over and up to the camping section to look for a 33 ounce msr fuel bottle but they only had 20 ounce bottles on the shelf so i headed for the little boys room before leaving. once back on the road we continued east on m-50 into monroe home of the lazy boy recliner factory, it was sad to see that it was closed. we made a left heading north on us-24 and then north agan when we got to I-275. now it would be all expressway. we took I-94 east to schafer and schafer to the house for our 200.8 mile day

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like you faired better than me Doc. At least you had company.
i would have to say that 90% of my riding is solo because i usually don't plan anything so to have a riding partner ( s ) two days in a row is indeed very rare

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like a good ride Doc. Hope the next time you come to Pa. Lisa and Dewey can make it.
i'm going to see what lisa's vacation time looks like next year. we were talking about going to paand if not we will head north along lake huron or lake michigan

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
I've cut through past Cement City quite a few times and didn't know that was there. Cruising Telegraph (US 24) in my youth burned up a lot of gas back in the day. Good ride, thanks for the pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts