Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Saturday morning I was packing the Bike up for a weekend trip to my Sisters Cabin up in Trinity.
I am in coffee drinking mode and not dressed yet. Shorts and flip flops, i go out to the garage to pull the bike out to start loading it up.
I hop on, and start backing it out. There is a slide incline so backing out requires just a little push to get it going then ride the brakes the rest of the way. Well I get going full stride as usual and i'll be a some bioch! The trailer tongue of the Escapade SE was sticking out, I forgot I had moved it the night before and the tongue was too close and my foot hit it!
Down I went, and I went down HARD! I pulled my leg out from under the bike and I am laying all over the trailer tongue. I get up, brush my self off and pick the bike up. I walk around the bike and I do not see a scratch on it anywhere. The only thing that hit was the Kury Ergo II highway pegs, the crash bars did not even hit.

So I go inside and tell the wife what happened. My foot was hurting pretty good but I hat not looked at it yet. As we are walking back out to see the bike, my toes where starting to stick to my flip flops like I had stepped in glue or something. Then we see a trail of blood thru the house where I had walked thru when I came inside. So I stop and look at my foot. It was a bloody mess! I go to the tub and rinse off the blood to find that I had completely ripped off my big toe nail and the toe next to it, both were just gone!
Today, I went to change the bandages and some bioch if they were stuck like glue to the open wounds! I soak them in water for an hour before I finally got them off. I could not take the pain any more and went to the ER this afternoon and turns out I also broke my toe.

The ironic thing about all the is, I had a guy coming to buy the trailer this evening. He did come and he did buy the trailer, the very same trailer I tripped over!
I remember reading somewhere that most motorcycle accidents happen less that 5 miles from home. This one happened less than 5 feet from home!
Oh and I also learned that the saftey shut off works on my wing like is is suppose to and I learned that you must turn the key off and back on or the bike will not start.:D:D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Whoa!! Sounds like something I would do!
Sorry to here of your accident, glad the GW was not hurt or scratched, now you get well!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Buzzy
Sounds like a normal day for me. Get well soon and watch out for trailers.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Ouch Buz,

Sorry to hear about the accident.
I once finished a ride and drove into the garage and eased the bike to the kickstand. And I forgot to put down the kickstand.

I will add (always wear shoes) when moving a bike even in the garage.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And you tried to sell me that trailer ! The Lord moves in strange and mysterious ways.
Ya know Chop, I think this was actually karma.
Last week, a friend and my self had an argument about riding gear. She claimed that Jeans and a leather jacket were good protection and that anyone who wears flip flops is an idiot.
I replied telling her that if she thinks jeans and a cheap leather jacket is protection, she is an idiot because she might as well wear nothing and jeans and leather will last about 3 feet and you are grinding flesh.
Then I told her that I wear flip flops and shorts to the corner store sometimes. I never get above 20 mph when I do as I never have to leave the neighborhood.

Well I am here to tell you that I was WRONG and it must be Karma that got me!

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Ya know Chop, I think this was actually karma.
Last week, a friend and my self had an argument about riding gear. She claimed that Jeans and a leather jacket were good protection and that anyone who wears flip flops is an idiot.
I replied telling her that if she thinks jeans and a cheap leather jacket is protection, she is an idiot because she might as well wear nothing and jeans and leather will last about 3 feet and you are grinding flesh.
Then I told her that I wear flip flops and shorts to the corner store sometimes. I never get above 20 mph when I do as I never have to leave the neighborhood.

Well I am here to tell you that I was WRONG and it must be Karma that got me!
That's not " Karma " Buzzy. That's " dogma ". I stepped in some of it this morning when I was bending over in a neighbor's yard with a baggy in hand to pick up my own dog's Karma. You weren't WRONG, you just stepped in some dogma.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
get well soon buzzy and no more rides any distance in flipflops

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was gonna post some pictures. Anyone want to see what a toe looks like with no toenail?:D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and Chop, as you can imagine, I did not get that lighter installed this weekend!:eek:

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I was gonna post some pictures. Anyone want to see what a toe looks like with no toenail?:D
Heck! Why not. Can't be much worse than a flip with no flop. No hurry on the lighter install. I bought a bulk pack from Costco last week in case this was going to take awhile. Do you have toe insurance on your bike.;)

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I am buzzy, yes I am.
I can move this bike- I can.

I can do it with just a flip,
I will I promise not to trip.

I love my bike I will not drop
I just flipped over my old flop.

I'm feeling faint, I'm looking pale.
What is that, Oh look my nail.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident! Got pinned under my bike backing it out 1 time. Sucks broke my foot. Any way get well and beware of the flip flops!! BY THE WAY I HAD WORK BOOTS ON AND STILL BROKE MY FOOT!!

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I am buzzy, yes I am.

How sweet. A get well card from Dr. Seuss.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Buzzy what the #&*@. You should know better than that. Oh, wait a minute you probably heard that from the Missus, I'm supposed to say. Sorry Buddy that was a tough break.:D

Originally Posted by love2ride
I am buzzy, yes I am.

How sweet. A get well card from Dr. Seuss.
It sounded more like a rap song. Say what!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Buzzy what the #&*@. You should know better than that. Oh, wait a minute you probably heard that from the Missus, I'm supposed to say. Sorry Buddy that was a tough break.

That's just cold man-like, crack on the guy and then try to slide back out of it. I like it.

Now about the rap song. Just what books were read to you as a child? Eminem and 50 cent weren't around were they?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Wow !! I hope you get back on your feet (toes) soon........I just bought a trailer today,,,,,I may have to rethink that, those things are dangerous.....

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Now about the rap song. Just what books were read to you as a child?
Uhhhh. I used to sneak my brothers Playboys.:eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts