Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

to

7K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Chopin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
After 3 weeks or constant rain I finally pulled my head out of the oven and rode. Cold morning about 35 degrees but sunny . Rode about 225 mi. Listened to my new playlist , Listening to talking heads at 75 mph felt good. When's groundhog day and is that thing gonna see his shadow?:D

#2 ·
Hey Robdog, Groundhog Day is always Feb 2nd & Head would tell you that none of us Pa people pay attention to the rodent all it is is an excuse to party.:D I can't believe that out here in Pennsyltucky that someone hasn't shot the thing yet.:eek:

It won't be long for us Northern guys now we're halfway to riding again.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
That’s why I love living down here in the sweat-belt, we can ride year round. It does get a little refreshingly brisk now and then and if there is going to be rain I stay in the cage so I guess age is catching up to me. The Gold Wing is still new to me and it is a lot more comfortable in the cold. A couple weeks ago it rained for many days straight. The first sunny day I jumped on the Yamaha and went for a 70 mile run. Had to stop 3 times to warm up but it was a good day. The next day, with about the same temps (low 30’s) I took the Wing out and went for a 100 mile loop and only put my feet down 3 times for traffic lights. A really good day.

I’m originally from Michigan and been down here long enough that people no longer ask me “where you frum?” I started out as a Damn Yankee (a Yankee just visits the south and then he gets his rear back north, I stayed and got a job) as it was explained to me by a guy from Georgia whom I worked with, while he was encouraging me to move back north. Then, a number of years later, I graduated to a G__ Damn Yankee by marrying one of their women.

Laughed my rear off this morning about the picture from 45/70. My Dad slew a lot of those critters to keep them out of his garden near Howell. Hoping for an early spring for you up in the great white north, and even the wet west.
Mark

#11 ·
I couldn't agree more. I've joined several boards over the years & stop being active on most because of exactly what you said. Here though we all get along well . This is by far the most respectful bunch of people I've encountered. Kuddos to all & Let's keep it that way.

I think I just got a tear in my eye.:D

#14 ·
We are all touched by our sensitivity to each other. A Goldwing without an owner is just a bucket of nuts and bolts. We not only rebuild bikes here, we rebuilt character. Personally, I don't fraternize with other boards. I figure what we get here is all the other's bologna filtered and edited. Go on you " board whores " sift the ocean floor and bring us back the pearls.

#14 ·
Going for a ride today around middle Mississippi. It'll be a little refreshingly brisk with the temps in the low 40's. But we have to get one of the guys in our local GWRRA group away from the house. His wife has a surprise birthday party going and we must distract him for the afternoon. It is a tough job but at least they got a couple of the best to take care of it.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.