Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i left out late this morning to go visit my mom. after stopping for gas ( [email protected] ) i took I-94 east then I-75 south and the I-375 link into downtown. i took jefferson st.east to mom's but on arrival i descovered that she wasn't home. i went in and checked to be sure then left her a few dollars before leaving. getting back on jefferson st. i headed west for the mc arthur bridge and belle ilse.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
your a good son William , you take her any pits

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
once on the island traffic goes west on the american sidethen loops east onthecanadian side. other than the pic of the gm building those are pic's onthe island, scott fountian, thwe molt around scott fountian, and another view of scott fountian

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the belle ilse aquarium, in the back ground of the first pic and the clock tower

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had to detour to get the pic of the clock and aquqrium so i made it back to the main dag going east, canada is on the right but i stopped for a few pics of this place

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i headed to my favorite part of the island, the eastern tip. i had to park the wing anddo somewalking they sure don't take care of it like they use to. the grass was always cut before a holiday

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Some nice country up your way Doc. Maybe we need a summer guided tour road trip up your way. Thanks for the pics and glad you had a good day...

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
ok its starting to warn up out here so lets start walking back to the wing and find some shade,lets watch some boating action

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
that was fun and i like taking pic's of the lakers ( great lake ships ). i use to stay out there for hours from one end of the island to the other just to take pic's of the lakers but today i'm not prepaired so once i hike it back to the wing i head for home

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some nice country up your way Doc. Maybe we need a summer guided tour road trip up your way. Thanks for the pics and glad you had a good day...
belle ilse is just a an island park but next time i'm taking the schwinn so look for a belle ilse part two

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the pictures of the old home town. Showed them to Martena but she wasn't as impressed as I am. It was 95 degrees here today. Rode both my bikes on some local roads for about 120 miles, but nothing as scenic. Thanks for the tour!

Watched the Tigers beat the White Sox last night. I'm rooting for them as always.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
How about a meet-n-greet up along Lake Huron. Lots of good roads along the lake and lighthouses to see. I've been wanting to ride back up there for a while now. Just give me an excuse.....

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How about a meet-n-greet up along Lake Huron. Lots of good roads along the lake and lighthouses to see. I've been wanting to ride back up there for a while now. Just give me an excuse.....
algonac would be better, there is a lakeside motel there and then a ride around the thumb to huron city and port austin on the way to bay city. there are some road side parks with nice views of lake huron and saginaw bay

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like that. We don't have any water that color around here.
because of all the heavy industry the us and canadian govments are very strict about the water

1 - 20 of 22 Posts