Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down in my neck of the woods, it gets hot about June and stays hot until mid September. I have a bandanna with gel beads to hold water that helps a bit around the neck, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried the water evaporating vests that are on the market.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

I grieve your pain. We are still in our 60's here and haven't had three days of sunshine in a row.

I have heard good things about these vests by reading reviews online.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
My son just got his FieldShere(sp) cool vest the other day and he used it today. It was 100 degrees and he was remarking how cool he felt. It was about a 100 mile ride and lasted a little over an hour. I was sweating my tukus off but he seemed happy and I think I will get me one and they run about $49. He gives it a thumbs up. And yes, we had all our protective jackets and helmets on.:D

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Can't feel that sorry for you because here on the East Coast of Canada we have had the worst spring ever. 100 degrees would be hot but at least we could go for a little ride. I have seen sun 5 times in the last month. On the subject of the vest, I will be interested in the responses because heat, not cold is my biggest problem also. Will have to check out the FieldShere vest.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I saw a picture recently of a guy on a bike with a small "box" about the size of a six-pack on the back of the seat with a "hose"..maybe 2~3" in diameter going into the rider's back...it said it was a portable air conditioning unit...I thought it was a put on..like as in a JOKE! I guess maybe not!:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts