Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the question. Today's ride was my last for this season, so plan to fill Tatanka's tank with "gas" treated with 1oz/gal of Seafoam, run it until I'm sure the carbs are fully treated and then close the petcock.

Do you fellow carbed folks drain your carb bowls or not? I'm just thinking about those cute little inlet needles and that maybe it's best that they're not pressed into their seats for the next three months. Advice, as always, is appreciated.

Also, do you fog your cylinders?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Stabil.....don't forget to add that. It doesn't let the gas turn to **** while in storage. Walmart sells it too. :D Isaac

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
Stabil.....don't forget to add that. It doesn't let the gas turn to **** while in storage. Walmart sells it too. :D Isaac
seafoam is a stabilizer so there is no need for stabil
i have never drained my carbs nor have i ever done an end of the season oil change

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
I have this wing 19 years and have never drained the carbs. If you run it long enough to get the gas with the Stable/Sea Foam into the carbs you should be good.

·
Super Moderator
12,292 Posts
+1 on what Ron said.
The only time I've ever drained the carbs on a bike is for extended storage.

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
+1 on what Ron said.
The only time I've ever drained the carbs on a bike is for extended storage.
the last time i drained the carbs on one of my bikes i was a few miles short of the next gas station :D

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, all, for your input, including the link, Val!:)

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
All I ever did with my carbed bikes was disconnect the neg battery cable after I was done running the bike after cleaning it. I think maybe on my 750's I didclose the petcock and run it dry a couple times but not very often that I recall. I used to put some Injectrclean in the 1200 on a regular basis (flat-slide carbs used to stick a bit and that seemed to stop it) but never did put Stabil or anything else in the tank, just good ole #1 fuel. I do now though, I don't trust the fuel anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts