Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.... Looking for some advice about a wing CB unit. I have never owned a CB and wondering if I should add it to my 08 wing or not. So to CB or not to CB is my question for the day. Cheers. Jenks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
On a ride with one of my friends, the traffic was backed up on the freeway and we were able to find out, in advance, why, by listening to the truckers on the CB.

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
Like Eric said.....For group rides a CB is a must. If you're not into that, don't waste your money. You're talking about $600.00 plus labor, unless you install it yourself.

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
The only time I miss having a CB is when I ride with someone who has one.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Group riding the cb is great but I also like it when on long trips. It pays to stay in touch with the big trucks sometimes. I've had a CB radio on my last 7 Goldwings.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
I have a cb on mine and would not be without it.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
My wing doesn't have a CB and I can't say I miss it. I get on the bike to unplug.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Agreed, a CB with +1 is handy. Have a buddy who does west coast rides with Norma and I (his wife won't ride) and I've lost him a couple of times because he doesn't have a CB, once in Salt Lake City and once approaching the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, which caused me a lot of concern but worked out okay. We established an agreement that if we get separated, we'll meet at the designated motel that evening and that's worked well on the trips thus far. Nevertheless, I like to be in touch with whomever I'm riding just to know they're okay.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Agreed, a CB with +1 is handy. Have a buddy who does west coast rides with Norma and I (his wife won't ride) and I've lost him a couple of times because he doesn't have a CB, once in Salt Lake City and once approaching the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, which caused me a lot of concern but worked out okay. We established an agreement that if we get separated, we'll meet at the designated motel that evening and that's worked well on the trips thus far. Nevertheless, I like to be in touch with whomever I'm riding just to know they're okay.
When you lose track of someone you're riding with you worry that they could have had trouble of some kind.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
When you both have cb's you don't lose track of each other.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is my third wing, only had CB on the first one, but I was riding with a group back then.
We met once a week and went somewhere mostly for Pie & Ice cream & coffee.
Fun rides, and longer rides once a month.
The CB worked out great for that.
I havn't had one on the last two, but no longer riding with a group, so don't miss it.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Would not be without one, but we do alot of group rides.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I would bet having a CB radio will help the resale value in some cases. Those that buy used Wings with a CB radio don't have to use it but it could be handy to have in some cases.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I have a blue tooth system which I do like but little value on a group ride. But surely a comfort on a solo ride system can be purchased to fit in the helmet as mine does for around 100 bucks . newer units can also work bike to bike as well. I do plan on adding the CB up the road for group ride but it will be a low cost portable and rack on the bars for it. these can be purchase under a 100 bucks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
A cb is great for a group ride and I tend to get just a bit ticked at those who do not have them on a group ride. much easier to give out road conditions/directions with one. Been on more than one ride where the leader did not have one and made a wrong turn and no way to let him know.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
My '09 is my third Wing and the only one that didn't have a CB on it. I miss not having it especially this past summer's run to Kalispell. Would have been installed had the proper antenna kit showed up. On the to-do list for the winter months now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.