Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a new e3 put on the front saturday as the old one was worn down to the wear bars. the rear will last until sometime next year

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
How many miles did you have on it?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the po had put e3's on before i got it and i put 12,5xx

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Did you get it online or from a dealer. Just wondering which has the best price..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got it from a local independant bike shop for $169 and $89 for mouunt, balance, and new valve stem. rode the wing in and they did all the work. i was going to order the tire from american motorcycle tire but couldn't wait. the front was starting to drift through curves because the tire was sooo worn down. but i give it credit cause i've been caught in some heavy down pours the last few weeks with, no hydroplaining or loss of traction

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
I've always had the dilemma, whether to order on line (less $$) or just order from the dealer. I'm not sure if locals charge more to mount a tire you bought elsewhere. In the past, with my 1500, I've ordered from locals but with this 1800 I think I'll be going through tires more frequently. I guess the best thing to do is check local dealer price for tire and installation. Don't need them yet (7500 miles) but will probably by next riding season.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the shop i use does not charge more for mounting tires you bring in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts