Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,,

I have a 2006 Goldwing and I need to get new tires I heard the Dunlop Elite 2 or 3 series is the way to go what are your thoughts?? Thanks Dean

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a friend that replaced his tires with Bridgestones and swears he won't go back to the Dunlops. I've only got 4500 miles on my '08 but when it's time, I'll probably go with the "Stones" too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
On my 87 interstate I got beter mileage from the Bridgestones than Dunlops.But they were not E3's.My 95 will need tires this year. I'm leaning toward trying the E3's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just called my local honda dealer and they want $583.00 to installed them.. Does anyone know how much the Bridgstones are??

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got tired of buying tires for my 1800 every 5000 to 7000 miles. I had to find a better tire ---- I found the I get about 30000 miles from a 195 55 16 Hankook tire made for a sports car---- they work great ! and you can buy them from Pep Boys for about $90.00

·
Registered
32 Posts
Install price

I hope you meant $585 was the price to install including the tires. If not, you've got to find another dealership. I will only be getting a Wing in the spring but I have been paying $40 for the front and $55 for the rear for mounting, balancing and installation. Right now I'm riding a 2006 Stratoliner and have been getting my work done at a Honda/Yamaha dealership here in Massachusetts. Good luck with whatever tire you decide to go with. Unfortunately I have only been getting about 9,000 out of a set of tires so when I switch to the Wing there won't be any great dissappointment when it comes to tire wear.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i have E3 's on both wings. bridgestone tires seem to have gotten a lot better but i still won't buy them and if they are on a bike i buy they'll be the first thing to go

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
The E3's get my vote, my last (2) sets went over 20K on each set, ran Bridgestones years ago, did'nt care for them, (poor mileage).

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
I'll continue to watch this thread as it seems the Dunlops are most rider's favorites... so far.
i won't say dunlop's are my favorite but bridgstone is still on my " tires to avoid " list

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well,, I just got the Dunlop E-3 and I am glad I did.. The ride home was amazing I had Metzlers.. $583 out the door at my local Honda dealer.. Happy riding Dean

·
Registered
449 Posts
Chop you have to go with the angle of "I did it for your safety dear";)

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Chop you have to go with the angle of "I did it for your safety dear";)
That one will go over about as well as my line to her that the reason I need " cheaters " is because my eyes are worn out from looking at her radiant beauty all these years.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts