Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
We don't ruffle feathers here. The utility and safety of a car tire has withstood the test of time and riders. Our philosophy here is " If it offends you, read a book.

I agree, for me it doesn't matter what one rides on as long as they enjoy the ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
I run an OEM tire on mine..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wanted to try a CT on mine but the TPMS seemed to be a problem. Went with a Michelin Commander ll 180/65/16 instead. Just a tad taller but it made my odometer match my GPS miles. Speedo is now 2 mph slow at 70

·
Banned
468 Posts
WooHoo. Now you're talking . KUMHO 195/55/R16 Run Flat .
+1 for the Kumho

The article reference on Goldwingfacts.com is well done and will tell you everything you need to know about why you could continue to support the motorcycle tire business. If you ride the twisties and scrap the pegs often, get a high quality MC tire and replace it often. I am an endurance rider that spends most of my time on the super slab and the higher mileage and lower cost of the CT - plus the ZP feature works for me.

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
+1 for the Kumho
Always nice to get an endorsement from a serious mileage rider. John : I saw a link to a fellow who rode to Alaska on a Victory Vision. His bike was essentially stock except he was riding on a Run-flat car tire. Can't say I blame him.

·
Banned
468 Posts
BTW: I had to know so I drove my GL1800 on a Kumho for about 10 miles with just atmospheric pressure in the tire (removed value core). It did not separate from the rim. Based on handling you could tell something was different but I entered and exited a freeway and got the machine up to about 65mph on a FLAT tire. Replaced the value core, added air to increase the pressure to about 36psi, good to go.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
We don't ruffle feathers here. The utility and safety of a car tire has withstood the test of time and riders. Our philosophy here is " If it offends you, read a book.
A book on LOVE,,,:eek:hehe:Dhaha:rolleyes:195/55/R16 Run Flat or ZP Mcheln Alpin Wnter over 17K of good back roads and the slab should get another 10 to 15K, safety s the tops. Go to the dark side and you will know.:cool:

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Lots of Wingers on C/T's these days. It's not a new thing by any stretch, back in the war years they'd run car tires just because m/c tires wer too hard to come by.
Always nice to get an endorsement from a serious mileage rider. John : I saw a link to a fellow who rode to Alaska on a Victory Vision. His bike was essentially stock except he was riding on a Run-flat car tire. Can't say I blame him.
What, for going to Alaska or keeping his bike stockl?
Bwahahahahaha

·
Banned
468 Posts
Fun Fact

I run a Kumho 195/55-R16 ZP tire on the back of my 2006
GL1800. A local shop installs the tire. I have drained
the air from the tire leaving it at atmospheric pressure
and drove the motorcycle on the freeway at 65mph
(indicated) and the ZP tire did not disconnect from the
rim.

I usually buy all my tires from tirerack.com

Today when I purchased they asked me (by way of a post
purchase form) what the vehicle it is for and I told the
truth. A parental puke named Wes called and announced he
would no longer sell me tires in that size. It took me
also 3 minutes to find another seller. My Prius uses
EXACTLY the same tire and I have bought two sets from
them for the Prius.

So if you buy tires from Tirerack.com make sure they
approve of your use because they know better than you how
the tire should be used.

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
I run a Kumho 195/55-R16 ZP tire on the back of my 2006
GL1800. A local shop installs the tire. I have drained
the air from the tire leaving it at atmospheric pressure
and drove the motorcycle on the freeway at 65mph
(indicated) and the ZP tire did not disconnect from the
rim.

I usually buy all my tires from tirerack.com

Today when I purchased they asked me (by way of a post
purchase form) what the vehicle it is for and I told the
truth. A parental puke named Wes called and announced he
would no longer sell me tires in that size. It took me
also 3 minutes to find another seller. My Prius uses
EXACTLY the same tire and I have bought two sets from
them for the Prius.

So if you buy tires from Tirerack.com make sure they
approve of your use because they know better than you how
the tire should be used.
That's the biggest bunch of beeloney. Why should they care ? Very strange. Changing tire's this year, going with the Mich. Alpine PA3. Probably ordering it from Tirerack. It's for my Mini Cooper.;)

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
That's the biggest bunch of beeloney. Why should they care ? Very strange. Changing tire's this year, going with the Mich. Alpine PA3. Probably ordering it from Tirerack. It's for my Mini Cooper.;)
That tire will fit on a Cooper ? and if you have the new Alpin sent to MZ Dragon I will bring my tire to you with it already worked in for you.:eek:

·
Banned
468 Posts
You do not have to tell them, it is a voluntary survey. I answered because I thought I was helping them but instead the morons cancel he sale. No problem at all for me. TireBuyer sells the same tires.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
I thought I was helping them but instead the morons cancel he sale. YOU hit that 1, MORONS

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
That tire will fit on a Cooper ? and if you have the new Alpin sent to MZ Dragon I will bring my tire to you with it already worked in for you.:eek:
Please don't tell me you don't know your wife's rim size ? You don't have to broadcast here, but you should know for future reference.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I run a General G-Max 195x55x16 on the rear. Has about 25K on it and will probably change it next month or two. Have a rear MC tire on the front (Bridgestone BT-45). Looks like I will get about 27K or 28K out of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.