Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not a new owner as I bought mine in 1985. The bike has been idled for a while but im finally getting to it. I was wondering who makes the best tires for it, not for driving it into corners at 70mph but for long life. The Dunlops perform well but seem to burn up quick. I had Contitours on it for a while and they lasted longer,but was wondering if there is something better out there now.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Which Dunlops?

Dunlop Elite 4's have hard tread in the middle, softer tread on the shoulders. I've been getting 15K plus out of my rear tires, and still going on the front tire. That's with pavement conditions across the country four times. YMMV.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I second the Dunlop Elite 4 great handling and still trying to wear them out.👍😁

·
Super Moderator
14,741 Posts
I've ridden Dunlop and Bridgestone. I get many miles out of both. More on the Dunlop's but they do cost more. The Bridgestone's don't last as long, but they stay quieter through their life. The Dunlop seems to get noisy in the curves as they near the end of life. I've looked at the cost per mile and they are really close. So, I've stayed with Bridgestone the last few sets.

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I use the Dunlop E4's also, so far with 10K on the tires they still look pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked into these and bought a set. The bike has been idled for some time and these were not an option the last I rode,but I was impressed with them Im anxious to try them out...Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
I looked into these and bought a set. The bike has been idled for some time and these were not an option the last I rode,but I was impressed with them Im anxious to try them out...Dave
Let us know how you like them. We have 4,000 miles on a set of E4's (new to me ride) and everything I'm hearing is good.

·
Premium Member
11,005 Posts
On a 1200 Goldwing. Michelin Commander 3. Somewhere here on GWOF I wrote a review on Michelin Commander 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts