Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI-GUYS

I'am new to this forum , and to GoldWings. I just bought a 1981 GL1100 Standard , and it needs tires.
I'am looking at Metzler ME88's that I've used before and Bridgestone BT-45V's. The ME88's are a cruiser tire and the BT-45's are a sport-touring. I'am not going to do any heavy hauling , just light solo.
What tires would you suggest? Maybe another brand ?
Appreciate any info.

RIDE-SAFE

JIM

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
Jim, I use Dunlop Elite threes on my 1500. There was a thread not long ago started with somone using Bridgestones & from what I remember he really liked them. I'm sure other guys will jump in & give their views as well.

By the way Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best Tire

Jim, I am in the same predicament with tires as you in that I am new to the form and Goldwings, have an older model (78), and am looking for recommendations on tires. First of all, did your bike come with bias or radial tires? My bike has bias plies on it and I am wondering if radials will improve handling. I belong to a BMW club because I used to own that brand of bike, and many of the members use the Metzler ME88 and swore by them. Most of the club members used some tire made by Metzler. I have no personal experience with them however. I subscribed to this thread so it will be interesting to see the responses.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Tires which one

Just yesterday I had a Dunlop rear tire installed on my 1982 A GW
Dunlop had a 25% discount going, and recommended by dealer.
I put a Bias on a 491 Cost was $156.71 Dunlop I think is one of the more popular ones you hear. I guess time will tell me if I did the right thing.By the way,Dunlop has a nice tire site. Lot of info there.
WA9FWT Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts