Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '82 and it is time for tires. I have been looking at dunlop d404 (on it now) and Bridgestone. Current tires are the standard size: Front-120/90-18, Rear-140/90/-16. I have found some already on rim from an '81 with tire sizes of: 100-90-19 front and 120-90-17 rear for a good price (used). Has anyone had these tire sizes or would anyone recommend to NOT switch and just get new tires for the rims I have? Also, what tire have you found to get great mileage (life) and traction in cornering and rain? Any help would be great. I didn't like the life of the current tires. Of course it could have been an isolated event. These are the tires I got the bike with. So first time changing.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Both Tires are great .But I perfer Bridgestone had them both,It did seem that I got more miles out of the Bridgestones

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I don`t think I would You would be able to feel the road more and you would be giving up some comfort and would have a rougher ride Did you try E Bay for tires My Buddys do and they get some good deals on new and used tires

1 - 4 of 4 Posts