Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from doing 4550 mile trip on 2010 wing pulling trailer. Bike know has 8000 miles on original tires and about 1000 miles from home the bike developed a horable front end shake at low speed that semed to get better at high speed. Once home i noticed that the back tire was badly worn and scuffed mostly on left side and front had some wear. I run 41 psi in both front and rear. I also noticed that i have signs of fluid leaking from the left fork. Is this low mileage a result of the stock Dunlops or is this what I should expect for mileage when towing a trailer. Any thoughts on the head shake? Starting out through 1st and 2nd the handle bars almost get riped from my hands. Bike going to shop tomorow and thought i would through this out. Any feed back on tire choices wouldbe helpful.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Its a fairly new bike so I would say take it to your dealer like your doing. Warranty maybe??? Something doesn't seem right.

The tires? I've never had an issue with E3's but lots of guys do. The Bridgestones get some good reviews. If you do a search on the site for Tires you should get plenty of info. Look up Ptwingmn's review on Avons. He has a great report & also pulls a trailer like you. There are lots of choices out there even car tires. Just be leery of the C.T.C. if you go that way because it borders on Obsessive, hence why I've termed it that. Car Tire Cult.

Good luck on your search. & do look up PT's report.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I bet new tires and fork seals with fix it.

I ride a 1500 and put a car tire on the back about 8,000 miles ago. The 1800 has more options for a car tire than the 1500 does. There are some 1800 riders on this forum that are running car tires and I am sure they will chime in.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I agree with Larry.....fork seals and new tires.....

Pssst...also agree on the Car tire......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Tires Installed

Dealer installed pair of Avon Cobras and told me that the fork seals were not leaking. All is good know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts