Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2001 wing and I need to purchase a rear tire. What is story on the 60 or 70 size? My has a 60 on it now. Should I buy the same size or go to the 70 size? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Either one should work, but I think (and someone correact me if I'm wrong) the 70 will correct the problem with the speedo not registering correctly.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That's right, your speedo and odometer is off, the odometer adds 4 miles every 100 and your speedo reads about 4 MPH fast at 60 + I put the 70 on the back of mine last time and the speedo is right on with my GPS. When you put the 70 on the back your rear tire will be touching the ground when your bike is on the center stand.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good info

I like having the rear tire spin when its on the center stand when I am cleaning the rear tire. But that was some good info Joe, I didn't know that.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If you get a piece of carpet and put it under the center stand, the rear tire will off the ground, That's what I do. I park my bike on a piece of indoor-outdoor carpet and I got a spare piece or carpet and put it under that piece right where the center stand hits, now my back wheel is off the ground.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am also thinking about going to the larger diameter rear tire, My wing has A.B.S. will the difference in tire circumference effect the A.B.S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts