Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a tire pressure monitoring system for my '07 Wing. I'd like an opportunity to do something that begins to look like a custom install and of course it needs to work too. The Tiregard product looks like it belongs on a keychain. Looks like Showchrome offers the same product

Has anybody had any experience with any other products? How about the Doran unit?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I only know that my OEM TPMS on my '09 is really nice to have. Right up until you want to put on a new tire and then you have to reset the thing. The reset gadget isn't cheap either.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I only know that my OEM TPMS on my '09 is really nice to have. Right up until you want to put on a new tire and then you have to reset the thing. The reset gadget isn't cheap either.
You shouldn't have to reset it unless you put on a different rim. But if you use the same unit and switch it from rim to rim you should be o.k.. It's the sending unit that is matched to the brain isn't it. I know on my concours the only time it has to be re matched is if you install a different unit.
Fairfieldwizard:
Doriam makes a unit that goes on the inside of the rim, you might look into that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the Doran unit on my 2008 and recommend it. I especially like the remote flashing LED warning light to immediately let you know that a tire is getting low on pressure. All the other units, even the stock Honda unit, do not have anything which is as bright and attention getting. You can also check your tire pressure with a push of a button. The only drawback is the 5 minutes it takes after starting the bike for the unit to get a pressure reading.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the TireGuard on my bike and my wife's bike. I love them. Not expensive, and I mounted our key chain things with double stick tape and they may not look custom installed, but the look as good as most readouts from systems that mount inside the tire. I guess if you were handy enough, you could recess the thing or make it look more built-in. I don't worry about it, the one on my wife's bike saved us from an on-highway emergency when it alerted us to a leak as we were leaving my son's house one night. We were able to just leave the bike and fix it with sticky rope the next day instead of having the tire go flat and maybe be destroyed or worse, cause a wreck on the highway on the way home. Had one unit go bad, but ShowChrome replaced it without a word, great service.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This forum is great!

And thanks a lot to you guys too. Exactly the feedback I was looking for. Learning about stuff I need is almost as good as a long ride on a 70 degree sunny day.

(ok- so I lied about that last part :))

Happy holidays

1 - 6 of 6 Posts