Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a way to lower the rear tire pressure monitor setting on an '18 DCT? I have gone darkside and want to try 33PSI without having the warning light flashing all the time when less than 37.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Sorry to be slow in responding, but I don't know that there is a way to override the factory settings. If I'm speaking with Honda Canada Tech dept anytime soon , I'll ask.

·
Super Moderator
14,111 Posts
Subscription for TPMS? Am I missing something?
Just his brand of humor...……...>:) I'm surprised he didn't suggest to try some black tape. Put it over the warning light.

I can't help with your question, but I would guess it's in a program somewhere in there. So, I'm sure it could be hacked, but I definitely do not have the skills and knowledge to say how.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Pretty sure it needs to be hooked up to the re-calibration equipment, but not sure how much adjustment there is. The TPMS has batteries in teh wheel itself as well as the bike and they have to be reset after replacement as far as I know.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am pretty sure they are like the sensors on the pre 18 bikes. They can not be recalibrated. They are set at the factory with a pressure range and that is it. On the pre 18 bikes, you could change how the computer would read the sensors with a TPMS trigger tool. The reset should be in the shop manual. You trick the computer into seeing the front tire as the rear and the rear as the front. That way you could run a lower pressure in the rear. I did this on my 2012 when I went dark side. It worked if you wanted to stay in the pressure range for what the front tire was set for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts